University of Alabama at Birmingham
To participate in research activities involved in the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing such as data derived from genomics and transcriptomics (bulk and single-cell sequencing) to the UAB Biological Data Science institutional core. To support research services such as study design, data management, data analysis, pipeline development and to aid in the generation of training guides and documentation. To stay abreast of recent literature and other new developments, incorporating new techniques into existing data analysis protocols and pipelines in support of the institutional core#39;s mission of high quality, reproducible computational biology research.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs computational data analysis of transcriptomics and genomics studies
- Designs, develops and implements software tools and analytical procedures supporting bioinformatics analysis
- Participates in projects related to core sustainability including but not limited to pipeline development, web application development, maintenance of documentation and training guides and other services to support the needs of UAB investigators
- Provides computational support services such as study design, data management and data migration
- Offers bioinformatics consultation services to UAB investigators
- Evaluates and identifies new technologies for implementation
- Performs other duties as assigned
To use software and/or databases to gather, store, manipulate and manage research activities in the analysis of Next Generation sequence data such as data derived from genomics and transcriptomics studies.To evaluate, design and build informatic tools such as databases, analytical tools and service resources. To support research services such as study design, data management, data migration and data analysis. To provide leadership for informatics endeavors and interface with investigators and the external community to develop tools and services, and to provide informatics education, as needed.
Annual Salary Range: %2470,425- %24114,440
Bachelor#39;s degree in Biological Sciences, Computer Science with interest in Biology/Genomics, or a related field required and six (6) years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
Primary Location: University
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: 311655000 Ped-Genomic Data Sciences
Employee Status: Regular