Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
Bio-Rad is seeking a Bioinformatics Developer excited to work in a cross-functional team, interfacing with laboratory, market development, and bioinformatics scientists as we collectively work to build the next generation of single-cell sequencing and Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR) assays on our industry-leading partitioning technologies. You will work in a collaborative, dynamic environment on a number of exciting projects, ranging from novel algorithm development to machine learning applications.
Do you thrive on taking and owning novel ideas from white board to product release? Do you want to work in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced environment that has the steady support of a larger, established company? Come join us at the Digital Biology Group and lead the way in the development of the next generation of computational biology tools.
- Collaborate with molecular biologists on assay design projects for ddPCR and single-cell NGS applications.
- Interact with stakeholders across Bio-Rad to build unique, scalable bioinformatics solutions.
- Tackle challenging data analysis problems specific to Bio-Rad's partitioning platforms.
- Assist scientists with data management and analysis.
- Troubleshoot existing assay design and data analysis pipelines.
- PhD or MS degree in bioinformatics or computer science OR Bachelor’s Degree in bioinformatics or computer science with equivalent experience.
- Comfortable at the Linux command line.
- A demonstrated record of using Python, R, or a similar scripting language to answer complicated biology questions.
- Understanding of code version control tools (Git/Github).
- Experience with common bioinformatics tools for NGS and primer design (RNA/DNA aligners, BLAST, samtools, Primer3, etc.).
- Experience using reference genome and transcriptome models.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
- Fluent (written and spoken) English.
- The following will be desirable but not essential:
- Experience using workflow management languages for bioinformatics (Nextflow, Snakemake, CWL, similar).
- Experience using containerization platforms (Docker, Singularity, etc.).
- Experience developing machine learning-based algorithms.
- Basic understanding of cancer genomics.
- Basic knowledge of testing frameworks (e.g. Pytest).
- Experience with design control processes.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.