Biostatistician- Center for Rehabilitation Outcomes Research, Full-Time
Shirley Ryan Ability Lab
The Biostatistician is responsible for collaborating with Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (SRAlab) researchers on the analysis of clinical, epidemiological, and basic science projects. The Biostatistician is responsible for data management and analysis; querying, extracting, managing and analyzing multiple, complex datasets; ensuring data integrity, quality, and timeliness of results; and overseeing the deployment of reporting and analytical solutions.
The Biostatistician will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Biostatistician will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Manages and plans for data/analysis requests and projects.
- Provides consultation to investigators on appropriate data management, methodological issues and statistical analyses.
- Assists in development of statistical analysis plans for grant proposals.
- Develops and maintains documentation of process for quality assurance and reporting methodology.
- Cleans, organizes and performs quality control (QC) of data in preparation for analysis.
- Prepares and edits data summaries of data analyses.
- Helps interpret results and write reports (prepares tables, figures, and graphs for publications and presentations).
- Assists in teaching statistical analysis and epidemiologic methods skills to trainees (primarily graduate students and residents).
- Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex statistical analysis.
- Performs range, logic and consistency checks, reporting errors when necessary.
- Prepares analysis programs and reports to monitor data accrual and quality.
- Develops and documents standards for data quality and regulatory compliance pertaining to reporting.
- Manages projects ensuring timelines and deliverables are met and meet expectations.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
Reports directly to the Director, Center for Rehabilitation Outcomes Research
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
- Education and work experience satisfying one of the scenarios below:
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as biostatistics, statistics, public health (with a focus in biostatistics or epidemiology) or related with 4 years of data analysis/report writing or similar experience required; OR
- Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master's or higher degree in a major such as biostatistics, statistics, public health (with a focus in biostatistics or epidemiology) or related with 2 years of data analysis/report writing or similar experience required; OR
- Appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Experience with commercial statistical software (Mplus, Prism, SPSS, SAS, Stata, BMDP, etc.) as well as programming language R.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and collaborative skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Solid planning and organizational skills including attention to detail.
- High-level interpersonal skills in order to provide effective leadership and communications with all internal and external customers of all abilities and manage client relationships.
- High-level computer skills including Microsoft Office, software, web technologies including electronic education content management.
About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global leader in physical medicine and rehabilitation for adults and children with the most severe, complex conditions. By joining our team, you will be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You’ll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You’ll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You’ll play a role in something that’s never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes — as we Advance Human Ability, together.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.