Virginia Beach, VA
Commonwealth Staffing is assisting our client Commonwealth Payroll with their search for a Bookkeeper. This position is located in Virginia Beach, Virginia and a good work/life balance and a great benefits package.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the accounting team with accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and other accounting and bookkeeping related tasks.
- Makes journal entries and performs bank and credit card reconciliations
- Goes through month-end procedure checklist to assist with month-end close process.
- Recording transactions such as income and expenses, and posting them to various accounts
- Oversees accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Conducting daily banking activities
- Producing various financial reports
- Reconciling reports to third-party records such as bank statements.
- Makes corrections to accounting and financial records.
- Works heavily in QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel.
- 2-4+ years of bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of professional experience.
- Intermediate or above Excel user
- Must have a positive attitude, be detail oriented, and be a team player
- Someone who can work autonomously, works with a sense of urgency, and manages deadlines effectively
- Great benefits, including a 401k with a company match, health/dental/vision Insurance, flexible PTO policy
- 401k profit share
- Casual dress code