SWCA Environmental Consultants
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our Honolulu office offers a unique work environment and specializes in Natural and Cultural Resources consulting, and environmental planning and permitting.
This is a full-time, regular status position.
What you will accomplish:
Your role will be to lead field invasive species surveys and report writing for a statewide invasive species management project, and lead other natural resources planning and/or field projects.
- Collaborate with director and project managers on program development, planning, implementation, and overall program strategy of invasive species prevention, including early detection and management efforts.
- Contribute substantially to program level procedures and protocols to meet scientific and regulatory standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Independently manage project tasks.
- Lead and assist with preparation and writing of planning documents including technical reports from field work.
- Conduct field surveys, prepare field equipment, identify, and plan field logistics.
- Provide oversight of survey implementation and data management.
- Take initiative using problem solving techniques.
- Participate in development of ecological restoration projects.
- Maintain current knowledge of invasive species issues in Hawaii.
- Minimum of a Bachelorâ€™s Degree in biology, botany, ecology, natural resource management, environmental science, or a related field required.
- Masterâ€™s or PhD preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in plant-related fieldwork required.
- Candidates must have knowledge and experience with the identification of common and rare native and introduced flora in Hawaii.
- Knowledge of Hawaii biogeography and vascular plant diversity
- Knowledge of botanical survey and monitoring techniques and ability to learn and implement new protocols.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with ecological restoration a plus.
- Valid driverâ€™s license and the ability to drive a 4WD vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Recordâ€™s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email
email@example.com call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to ap.