30+ days ago
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) 786-4344, (585) 498 - 7565 or (585) 786-1417.
Position Title: Branch Manager 2
Location/Affiliate: Seneca Street Office - 2222 Seneca Street Buffalo, NY 14210
Reports To (Title): Area Sales Manager Department: Retail Banking
FLSA Status: Exempt
Purpose. The Branch Manager is responsible for managing a team in maximizing opportunity within a defined branch market to acquire, grow and retain profitable customer relationships through the consistent delivery of the Five Star Bank experience. This position is also responsible for maintaining an operationally efficient and compliant branch.
The distinction between the positions of Branch Manager 1 and Branch Manager 2 is based on the Branch Manager 2 position having responsibility for the supervision of more then one Branch location, or that the assigned Branch is located in a designated growth market.
Scope and Direction
Area of Responsibility: Retail Banking
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Minimal
From (Title): Area Sales Manager
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Moderate
To (Title(s)): Retail Branch Staff
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Responsible for the coaching, mentoring and development of a cross trained staff to achieve assigned branch goals. Provides training opportunities to ensure staff have the skills and resources to be successful. Ensures that Branch staff understand their role in the delivery of the Five Star Bank experience and positively supports changes in the work environment. Works with HR to attract, retain and develop high caliber people and teams with diverse capabilities.
2. Develop and implement a business plan that defines how the branch will achieve its quarterly sales goals which includes assigning individual goals for each branch associate.
3. Responsible for functioning as the primary business development officer in their assigned market, which include identifying and pursuing potential sources of business, making regular business development calls on consumer and business prospects and existing customers, participating in various professional, civic and community activities, and enhancing the image of the Bank in the community.
4. Collaborate with other lines of business partners to capitalize on business opportunities.
5. Effectively utilize necessary and available technology including all bank software as required by the position.
6. Responsible for all audit, operations and security policy and procedures for the branch. Ensure that all staff are properly trained and updated in all areas of compliance, policies and procedures. Complete online compliance training as required within established timelines and ensure that Branch Staff complete training as assigned. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of laws, compliance regulations and bank policies pertaining to all bank products and services:
7. Responsible for assisting on teller line, as necessary, which includes:
a. Responsible for accurately processing transactions for customers (e.g. deposits, loan payments, cashing checks, redeeming bonds, selling gift cards) in a prompt, accurate and professional manner.
b. Participate in cash and negotiable instrument control measures including cash management, strike, shipping and cash ordering, vault currency, vault balancing, and vault related controls
c. Perform operational duties as required including: fill change and/or currency orders, issue cashiers checks and money orders, process night drops bags and mail deposits, balance ATM and resolve ATM discrepancies, settle and balance Cash Advance machine.
d. Balances cash drawer
8. Responsible for account opening, maintenance and origination of loan applications.
9. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
10. This job description is not exhaustive. The Branch Manager may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Years: 1+ Type: Assistant Branch Manager or fully trained internal Certified Personal Banker (i.e. one full year of experience following required CPB training)
Years: 2+ Type: Experience supervising or managing
a sales team
Years: 3+ Assistant Branch Manager or fully trained internal Certified Personal Banker (i.e one full year of experience following required CPB training)
Years: 5+ Type: Experience supervising or managing
a sales team
Years: 1+ Type: Assistant Branch Manager or fully trained internal Certified Personal Banker (i.e one full year of experience following required CPB training)
Years: 2+ Type: Experience supervising or managing a sales team in a Financial Services environment
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: Register with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLS) and obtain a
unique identifier that is provided to consumers in accordance with all SAFE Act requirements.
Renew registration with NMLS annually. Maintains and updates personal registry information as
necessary to include name changes, employment changes, etc.
Preferred: FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses and NYS Life, Accident & Health licenses
1. Proven problem solving skills and sound judgment
2. Strong sales orientation and customer focused
3. Ability to collaborate and interact with business partners and all levels of management
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to learn and utilize new and existing banking software applications
5. Management Excellence; ability to align people, work and systems with the business strategy
6. Demonstrates a strong knowledge of products, services and procedures
7. Strong team building and team management skills.
8. Strong written and verbal communication skills
9. High level of interpersonal skills to call on new or existing clients, to interview effectively and assist with customer issues
10. Adaptable to varying bank and customer needs
11. Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload and delegate where needed
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Extensive computer usage is required
3. Occasional travel within Branch footprint
4. Able to occasionally stand, walk, bend and reach
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing “any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense” unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.