We are looking for an experienced Brand Manager to immediately join our Marketing team to help develop the company’s brand by planning and executingapproved category sales and profit targets while increasing brand awareness and generating demand for our Portable Security Lines.
Hampton Products International Corporation, located in south Orange County, CA, is a privately-owned, middle-market branded consumer products designer, developer, and marketer of innovative products in the security hardware, decorative hardware, storm and screen door hardware, and automotive accessories categories.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Brand Manager-Portable Security Products, is responsible for developing the company’s Brinks and BenjiLock By Hampton brands for Portable Security (regular and commercial) categories utilizing corporate resources to plan and execute approved category sales and profit targets while increasing brand awareness and generating demand for Hampton’s Portable Security Products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines and profitably satisfies consumer and retail channel needs by driving cross-functional creation, launch and ongoing management of innovative products.
- Works cross functionally as part of a team with Industrial Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality Control, Creative Services, VP, Marketing, Connected Home and Commercial Hardware, Sales and Finance on all issues related to new and existing products, categories and or brands assigned, with a focus on sustainable growth.
- Enhances brand/marketing mix by developing and working with Social Media, Engineering and Creative Services Teams, monitoring and approving category and brand-building plans including new product development, packaging, merchandising, promotions, public relations, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social and digital outreach, guerilla marketing and/or advertising.
- Works with Promotion Team to respond to consumer feedback presented through social channels and BazzarVoice reviews. Works with Hampton Cares Team to address and prevent consumer issues and problems.
- Coordinates providing best-in-class consumer instructions with the help of the Engineering, Creative Services and Customer Care teams. Occasionally also manages third-party “How To” vendors for more complex products. Responsible for delivering final instructions for: in-package inserts, web pages, how-to videos and Customer Care FAQ’s.
- Works with V.P of Marketing to commission appropriate consumer research projects for validation and proof-of-concept exercises.
- Monitors competitors’ products, packaging, promotions and pricing to ensure that Hampton remains competitive in the marketplace
- Identifies opportunities for expansion or rationalization of products, categories and/or brands that have a positive impact on overall product portfolio and financial contribution.
- Works directly with Sales Team and key retail customers to develop products, merchandising and programs that positively impact the overall product strategy and maximize customer section productivity and relationships. This includes developing and delivering line review presentations for the product portfolio, driven marketing support, and associated pricing with input from Finance and Global Supply.
- Sets the new product development priorities and targets and ensure that a strong innovation pipeline is achieved.
- Manages brand/product line and expense budgets for all active product projects. Includes creating and tracking all tooling estimates with R&D, expenses, and capital spending.
- Achieves budgeted financial targets on an ongoing basis with a focus on meeting or exceeding planned sales, and gross margin targets.
- Takes the lead on and partners with Sales and Finance teams to develop annual category forecast and budget, insuring they also fit with the 3-year strategic plan.
- Works with Sales Team, Digital Media Assistants, and Creative Services in designing, developing and executing Trade Show presence at key industry events. Provides feedback after execution.
- Utilizes internal and external customers and resources to create packaging, merchandising, and advertising that build brand equity and maximize category profitability.
- Coordinates all product specific activities and presentations for sales meetings, working closely with Sales, R&D and Design teams to develop established time frames for delivering product samples and packaging and then working with those teams to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintains an up-to-date catalog of active items; refreshes catalog as needed. Works with Data Specialist to ensure hygiene of data in Perfion.
- Becomes familiar with all key customer product assortments and can speak convincingly to the key feature/benefit advantages of portfolio products.
- Works with Operations and Sales to manage SKU transitions from season to season to prevent and eliminate excess inventory.
- Performs regular SKU Rationalization reviews to eliminate negative GMROI skus.
- Provides optimized selling price (trade invoice) and SRP for all of Hampton’s products.
- Performs regular market research of competitive products in the category; makes best-in-class recommendations to Sales, Marketing and Finance based on insights.
- Executes market research on a syncopated basis to assess pricing elasticity.
- Assesses Category and item level productivity and effect decisions to improve margins and SKU offerings.
- Builds pricing templates by customer, by category, by segment for analysis.
- Works effectively and efficiently with Senior Sales Analyst, Marketing Financial Analyst, and Cost Accountant constituents from Finance, Sales & Marketing Departments.
- Co-develops with Finance and Marketing all PLR pricing work to support Grinder approval process.
- Leads price approval process with key stakeholders: CFO, VP of Sales, VP Marketing.
- Leads pricing reviews with sales leadership by account, by category.
- Executes SKU Rationalization Inventory and Logistics Manager to reduce unprofitable and/or slow-moving items.
- Works with Cost Accountant to review all LC adjustments quarterly.
- All others, as requested by management.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in marketing from a four-year college or university; and a minimum of 7-10 years of increasing consumer marketing and product development experience with classical CPG training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA preferred.
- Mechanical Engineering background preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a product line(s).
- Ability to lead, function, adapt and excel in a less-structured, fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to drive cross-functional teams in developing and successfully executing business plans to achieve sales, margin, and EBITDA goals.
Don’t let this job get away. Many feel that Hampton Products is a special place to work and our core values are the primary reasons for that feeling. These core values (Integrity, Caring, Accountability, Excellence and Innovation) are the soul of our company and they are what set us apart. If this resonates with you, here’s your chance to work for an outstanding company that really cares about its employees as well as its customers. If you are interested, please apply here.
https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=hamptonpro&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP〈=en_USHampton Products International Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer.