If you are a subject matter expert on all things Epicor, most specifically the modules of Finance and Accounting, we have an excellent opportunity for you with Power Solutions International, Inc.(PSI) At PSI we provide integrated turn-key engine and power solutions to leading global original equipment manufacturers.
The Finance Business Analyst will provide support to the PSI Business Units with respect to the Epicor Enterprise ERP solutions; this requires knowledge and resolution of short-term and long-term issues while maintaining a high level of understanding of the business needs and system functionality to provide the strategic direction to support the overall business, company and corporate objectives.
The Financial Business Analyst should be an expert on all finance and accounting modules of Epicor to include the ability to make software changes needed to set up GL, AP, AR, the COA and any other associated system requirements for Accounting and Finance. Strong knowledge of Manufacturing Accounting is essential to be able to arrange all the integration paths for a seamless and automatic set up of the requirements.
- Responsible for the integration, upgrading and testing of all Epicor Enterprise ERP modules to help troubleshoot the immediate day to day issues and long-term strategic objectives of the business.
- Communicate with other Epicor Business Analysts to ensure proper integration of process changes and functionality between the different groups and leverage the broader IT organization to develop solutions through effective use of business and process analysis techniques.
- Develop new or modifies existing software solutions to satisfy ongoing company business needs.
- Participate in preparation of the business cases including project charter, cost justification, approval paperwork, 3rd-party package selection recommendations and other documents as needed.
- Continuously monitor new Epicor releases and applications to determine functional requirements and recommendations for workable Epicor solutions to other business units, management and staff.
- Provide support and training for all system users in Epicor processes and procedures and execute approved changes to enhance end user functionality including initiating or facilitating kaizen events.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in CS, Computer Engineering, MIS, IT, or one of the business areas listed below; may substitute for the degree direct applicable work experience on a year-for-year basis which built competencies and subject matter expertise
- Strong business process knowledge in the areas of Finance and Accounting
- Full life cycle implementation experience with Epicor modules (versions 10.0 or above) for a multiple site configuration set up including understanding of Epicor integration methodology and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Ability to prepare complex SQL statements including joins using Oracle SQL or TOAD
- Willingness to travel between Illinois locations (all Chicago area) regularly and to other US locations as needed to understand business needs, support the end users, introduce new functionality, and train users
- Provide on call technical support during off hours as needed
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing industry including industry best practices and trends
- Demonstrated knowledge of other business areas Distribution/Procurement, Sales Order Management, Inventory, Manufacturing, Engineering
- Experience with SQL database
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to influence business units to consider changes to their business processes, active listening in troubleshoot situations, and strong documentation and training skills
- Strong organizational, coordination, facilitation, consultation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Power Solutions International is an EOE disability/vet company offering a drug free workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.