Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products have been solving the world's water problems for more than 100 years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success - transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of consumers.
Evoqua's unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest possible levels, at fastest possible speeds - freeing employees to respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as "One Evoqua". We collaborate across our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on the move. As the world's first choice for water solutions, our workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people. Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help them meet their needs for clean water. Join a recognized global leader in delivering our world's most important commodity - CLEAN WATER! Business Development Manager - Food Market (Western USA)Position can be located anywhere on West Coast - ideally California/Oregon/Washington
Evoqua's Heavy Industry division is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager (BDM) to support the organizations growth in the Food vertical market in the Western USA. The BDM has the opportunity to deliver solutions which reflect Evoqua's commitment to transform water for our customers, communities and the planet. The position is a member of the BD team reporting to the Director of Business Development collaborating with the Sales, Product and Customer Vertical Market Management teams to support sales opportunities, go-to-market strategies, participate in product development and overall company growth. A BDM serves as a Water Treatment technology subject matter expert, ensuring customer satisfaction and drives business growth by building, maintaining and increasing the value of existing and new customer relationships.
The preferred candidate will have existing relationships with industrial food processors and have a strong working knowledge of the technologies and services required to support ingredient, utility and wastewater treatment applications. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Aligned with the Food Vertical Market and Sales Leadership teams with ownership of customer relationships
- Identifies potential business customer relationships and contacts in support of Sales representatives and sales strategy for assigned business unit.
- Identification of customer needs, industry challenges, and competitive intelligence.
- Expectation to write/present technical and marketing papers at industry conferences directed toward our customer base in the Food Processing Industry.
- Possess deep technical knowledge of and practical experience with the design, function and application of water treatment technologies and demonstrate confidence in articulating that knowledge to our customers.
- Support and collaborate with sales teams. Participate in customer site visits for the purpose of discovery, solution development and creation of proposals directed to Food customers.
- BS/BA in related discipline required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of Technology, Marketing, Engineering, or Sales in water treatment or industrial
applications is required
- Experience with Food Processing facilities and capable of performing site walks and process audits is required.
- Strong working knowledge of the technologies and services required to support ingredient, utility and wastewater treatment applications for industrial food processors.
- Experience with solution-based selling in the Food industry preferred.
- Recognition within the Food industry as an SME expert in industrial water treatment preferred.
- Existing engineering, sustainability and leadership relationships with industrial food processors
- Must be able to travel up 50% domestically
- Strong working knowledge of organic wastewater treatment technologies
- Experience with anaerobic digestion and waste to energy projects considered an asset
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is the Law - Poster (PDF) Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.Nearest Major Market:
Evoqua Water Technologies is the global leader in helping municipalities and industrial customers protect and improve the world’s most fundamental natural resource: water.
Evoqua has a more than 100-year heritage of innovation and industry firsts, market-leading expertise, and unmatched customer service, where it continues to transform water and wastewater. Its cost-effective and reliable treatment systems and services ensure uninterrupted quantity and quality of water, enable regulatory and environmental compliance, increase efficiency through water reuse, and prepare customers for next-generation demands. Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and service helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and enable leisure and commercial industry to maximize productivity and profitability.
Who we serve: Evoqua serves a wide range of industrial markets including: food and beverage, chemical processing, hydrocarbon processing, life sciences, marine, microelectronics, mining, oil and gas, and power. The company also serves the municipal water and wastewater market and provides support to more than 200,000 installations worldwide.
Service is at our core. We offer reliable and responsive services backed by knowledgeable water experts and the water industry’s most extensive service network. Our service technicians can reach 85% of the US and CA population in under two hours. That means Evoqua can make issues go away quickly.
Innovation is part of our DNA dating back more than 100 years when one of the founders of one of our businesses -- Wallace & Tiernan -- invented the process to disinfect drinking water using chlorine and filtration. Life Magazine later cited the invention as 'probably the most significant public health advancement of the millennium' for helping to save countless lives. We continue to innovate for our customers every day.