NELSON FORENSICS, LLC
Job Title: Business Development Representative (Texas)
Based In: Plano, TX
Reports To: Director of Business Development and Marketing
Salary : Commensurate With Experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Nelson Forensics, LLC is a prominent forensics and consulting firm offering engineering, architecture, chemistry & environmental science, and cost estimating services to the legal and insurance industries. Nelson Forensics provides these nationwide services from 8 offices, strategically located around the United States. We are currently seeking a Type A "go getter" to market to attorneys and adjusters to help grow our business.
Responsible for the development, coordination and execution of business development strategies to maintain a territory and grow relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish new and cultivate existing client relationships.
- Call on attorney and insurance adjuster clients in person and via telephone/email to assess client need and recruit business.
- Act as the liaison between Nelson professional staff and clients by arranging appointments, lunches, meetings for clients to get to know Nelson staff better.
- Book continuing education or "Lunch and Learn" speaking engagements for Nelson staff at client offices.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and industry association meetings. Assist with pre- and post-show call and email campaigns to build client awareness of exhibiting events.
- Pursue Nelson's acceptance into insurance carrier Approved Vendor programs, and assist with the creation and submission of Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals.
- Assist in researching competitors’ web sites and business models.
- Maintain local marketing database, including entry of new leads gained at networking events, updating contact entries, and managing mailing and emailing lists.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience to include: 1) organizational development; 2) proven growth strategies; 3) working with a variety of professional backgrounds; 4) coordination of multiple projects; 5) specific experience representing the firm in a trade show/conference/or other high profile, public, face-to-face setting; 6) business-to-business marketing strategies.
- Experience marketing to attorneys or insurance adjusters preferred
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Able to travel 50% of the time. Willing to travel on a regular basis to call on clients. Willing to travel to a variety of event locations.
- Able to formulate business development strategy and initiate projects independently. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal/social skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong oral and impeccable written communication skills.
- Excellent logistical and organizational skills.
- Proficient inMicrosoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.