Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Business Operations Manager who will join our industry leading team at our location in Irvine, CA. An existing UAS design is currently in place and in service. This individual will transition this and its derivative UAS product(s) from early lifecycle to production, and will establish the business of selling UAS systems and services.
The Business Operations Manager provides leadership on assigned projects and acts to achieve financial, schedule, reporting and client relationship/growth objectives. Ensures that the highest quality of customer service is provided at all of the delivery systems within the business division; provides administrative support in areas of compliance, regulations, and procedures. The role will oversee production planning and scheduling, flight operations domestic and international, proposal management, reporting and contract deliverables, resource loading, and comprehensive program budget and forecast management. He/She designs and executes strategies and plans to meet program’s short-term and long-term production and operational targets. The position will report directly to the Program Director.
The successful candidate MUST have a strong Financial, Schedule, and Operational and Logistical discipline background along with experience in projects in the Aerospace and Defense industry. Specific demonstrated experience in managing programs with fielded government assets is essential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as interface with internal and external customers to expand the current business and grow into new markets.
- Liaison with internal and external manufacturing facilities to produce systems in a high quality, timely and cost effective manner.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management of cost and labor over run. Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to same.
- Manages comprehensive program budget and controls expenses effectively, including aggregate funding across multiple contract vehicles.
- Creates proposals and cost ROMs for all future builds and NRE efforts on existing program product lines.
- Creates all slide decks, contract deliverable reports and financial forecast, including earned value metrics, for internal and external customer consumption.
- Manages documentation of intellectual property portfolio and data rights portfolio generated by the program.
- Hires, trains, develops and apprises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with human resources as appropriate.
- Ensures maintenance and accuracy of data in computer system (input and issuance from inventory, labor reporting, startup of quoting modules, etc.)
- Works closely with Manufacturing production, planning and scheduling.
- Assists in scheduling and managing all aspects of flight testing and forward operations
- Positive, “can-do,” eager-to-learn attitude and talent/experience leading people and cultivating a healthy customer relationship
- Must have Aerospace or Defense Contractor industry experience
- Minimum of 7+ years of industry experience as a Financial or Business Manager or Analyst overseeing project execution
- Business Acumen.
- Proposal costing experience
- Client-focused, resourceful, takes initiative, pro-active approach
- Program Cost Analysis Skills – Earned Value, Forecasting, Budget Management
- Change Agent.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Expert knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office Professional Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superb organizational and documentation skills
- Experience working on a technology project
- Experience working and supporting multiple teams and product lines.
- Experience working with Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs) such as Predator or Reaper, and/or other drone technology
- Work under general direction in an intense environment.
- Understand and follow operational / deployed tempo.
- Encompass a sense of urgency to complete the tasks at hand
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients and internal work groups
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in business administration, operational management, engineering or related field.
- 7 or more years of experience managing operations and program execution.
- Knowledge of manufacturing engineering, human resources laws and regulations, and employee relations skills.