KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Business Project Advisor
- Align with a specific department/workstream within a larger project migration and will be accountable for managing the multiple deliverables in support of this assigned workstream.
- Play a key leadership role in partnering with our stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and drive forward the most critical initiatives that will provide the greatest impact and value to our organization as part of the overall migration.
- Work with the Lead Project Manager and Overall Business Lead to ensure all workstream specific updates are represented at the overall program-level.
- Subject matter expert in supporting teams through use of project management methodologies and ensuring project objectives / organizational goals are met.
- Highly effective at communicating and influencing through various communication channels.
- Proactive in project / strategic planning and able to foresee and mitigate risks to ensure goals are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring the workstream meets the defined success measures, ensuring project initiatives align to department goals, and providing ongoing status reports and presentations through the life cycle of the project.
- Accountable for managing assigned projects: Define scope, develop project plans, manage project milestones, develop and execute appropriate communication plans with stakeholders, develop relationships with cross functional partners and align project timelines to ensure projects are completed meeting all stakeholder needs.
- Manages tight deadlines, scope and converging opinions to solutions in a timely manner.
- Ensures projects deliver business operational needs and requirements.
- Provide weekly/monthly progress reports to management as needed.
- Develop periodic and ad hoc reporting and communications to be used for projects, management reporting.
- Independently mitigate risks and resolve issues related to assigned projects.
- Keep stakeholders and leadership informed with the appropriate cadence level and detail provided.
- Ability to adapt communication style to audience.
- Ability to escalate appropriately.
- Work collaboratively with other business units to automate processes, improve functionality, identify inefficiencies and drive process improvements.
- Create and maintain user documentation, policies and procedures when deemed appropriate and in scope for projects.
- Collaborate with team members and participate in knowledge sharing sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience
- 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Agile Methodology a plus.
- Extensive project management skills using various programs to prepare and execute business plans.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft office applications.