Virgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE), recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
This role will be responsible for performing risk management, financial compliance, internal controls design and operating effectiveness in support of SEC, privacy, and other regulations in support of our mission to space. A portion of the responsibilities will include internal controls over financial reporting, including assisting control owners with understanding Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and responding to our internal Sox testing and external audit efforts. Additionally, our team is building our internal audit and business risk management program, including privacy, enterprise risk management program and other regulatory requirements. We are seeking an individual who is pro-active, entrepreneurial, self-directed and possesses an ability to proactively execute in a fast pace start-up environment. If you’re the type of person who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced start up environment, Virgin Galactic Holdings, Inc. may be the place for you. The position resides in either our Las Cruces, New Mexico, Mojave, CA, Tustin, CA, Washington DC or Los Angeles, CA, with a portion of responsibilities working remote.
As an Experienced Business Risk and Financial Compliance Associate, your key responsibilities will include:
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Participate in the annual planning of the company's SOX compliance efforts, including risk assessments, materiality, significant accounts disclosures, milestones of key SOX activities, etc.
- Work with various process owners to create and update SOX process documentation, including narratives or flowcharts
- Complete walkthroughs, operational testing, remediation, documentation, and reporting for SOX business process controls
- Ensure objectives, deliverables and timelines are met and develop recommendations to correct control deficiencies and provide ideas for process improvements
- Internal Audit
- Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures
- Organize, document, and maintain the results of audit work performed in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Effectively communicate the audit results and opportunities identified to Internal Audit leadership through verbal and written communication
- Manage and report the status of management action plans
- Business Risk Management
- Participate in process reviews and identify opportunities for significant enhancements in operational efficiency, overall effectiveness and identifiable benefits to the company.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management
- Support our fraud risk program, assisting with periodic assessments and evaluations
- Assist with the development and presentation of compliance related trainings to stakeholders throughout the business
- Overall Responsibilities
- Produce quality deliverables evidenced through minimal review time and review notes
- Balance competing priorities with minimal disruptions, while maintaining project progress
- Demonstrate clear and concise writing and verbal skills to communicate complex issues in simple terms to control owners, executives and the audit committee
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Finance or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience at a public accounting firm or professional services firm with emphasis on risk and compliance consulting related to Internal Audit
- Exceptional people, project and client management skills gained by working in multiple, professional environments
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely – also able to assess situations and ensure responses are well suited to various business situations
- Experience translating complicated issues into simple and easy to understand terms to guide our team members across business units and departments
- Qualified to pursue a job relevant certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA)
- To confirm to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR§120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.