Business Systems Specialist
Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union
Albuquerque, NM, US
19 days ago
- Respond appropriately to complex system problems/issues and identify gaps discovered, including those involving loans, deposit products, servicing systems, accounting and third-party interfaces. At management’s discretion, work with third party vendors to improve service levels, and follow up on project deliverables.
- Interface with vendors on system problems and changes. Troubleshoot system/application problems.
- Act as a team leader in testing changes made on core system. Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the core system. Review new releases and system updates, testing system and submitting changes or recommendations as needed.
- Ensure communication channels are open and maintained in order to monitor and improve business unit satisfaction with IS. Meet regularly with business stakeholders and management to communicate status of open projects. Make recommendations for product enhancements.
- Collaborate with developers and SMEs to establish technical vision and analyze interchanges between usability and performance needs. Participate in root cause analysis in order to recommend product enhancement or other appropriate actions to improve productivity for the Business Services Department.
- Actively support management in achieving established department goals. When required, actively participate in department and organizational projects, representing the best interests of the Business Services Department.
- Work with the IT Department in creating specific reports. Schedule, run and distribute reports to Business Services and senior management
- May train department employees in use of product enhancements.
**Must be able to submit a credit check**
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum three years’ experience with business process analysis and systems development including experience in developing, implementing and documenting requirements.
- Basic knowledge of Credit Union products and services, features and benefits.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and able to learn new software quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated familiarity with IT vendor(s) documentation pertaining to system modules/features.
- Extensive knowledge of business process analysis, development methods and documenting business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or information systems or experience in lieu of education.
- Provides superior service to external and internal members. Able to handle difficult situations and persons in a positive and professional manner.
- Functions well within departmental and cross-functional teams. Able to work proactively with team members in developing and achieving a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to interface with vendors effectively.
- Demonstrates daily the Credit Union’s commitment to maintaining a close and caring touch with its members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an active leader; takes ownership.
- Possesses willingness and ability to train others effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate lending and business system processes to others.
- Able to negotiate with multiple parties and seek shared solutions.
- Able to explain technical concepts, policies and procedures clearly and succinctly to both technical and non-technical groups/individuals.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits high standards in accuracy, adaptability, judgement and initiative.
- Demonstrates excellent organization and time management skills; able to handle/prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Able to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non- standardized situations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; able to handle/prioritize multiple tasks and projects and meet departmental deadlines.