San Francisco, CA
*While this is a full-time job, we are open to someone wanting part-time and flexible hours, especially someone with extensive experience in purchasing, supply chain, and inventory management.*
September 21, 2021 Series B Announced: New $25M Investment
Mantle is a disruptive Series B, venture-backed technology company that is helping manufacturers bring millions of new products to life faster, cheaper, and more easily than ever before with its patented TrueShape™ metal 3D printing technology. By combining hardware, software, and materials, Mantle is creating a new category of metal additive manufacturing that is being rapidly adopted by major global OEMs.
Mantle's employees thrive in an environment where multiple fields of study come together to solve challenging and important problems. You will be joining a diverse, cross-functional team that is bringing to market the most advanced precision metal 3D printing technology designed for high volume production. Mantle is fundamentally changing how metal parts are made.
Mantle is looking for someone who is thorough and demonstrates initiative in owning the Buying process for production of Mantle's TrueShape™ metal 3D printers. As a start-up, the responsibilities will include buying, planning, alternative sourcing, receiving, and managing of stock. We're looking for someone with the experience and interest in helping improve these existing processes and set up new ones as necessary.
Your regular responsibilities will include:
- Researching and purchasing production materials at best prices
- Using existing vendors or researching comparable vendors when necessary
- Establishing receiving process and stocking system
- Own material tracking to meet production plan
- Maintain inventory accuracy
- Highly knowledgeable of best-practice sourcing, purchasing, and inventory control
- Comfort in an agile, start-up environment
- Competence with PLM systems, Arena preferred
- Spreadsheet and analysis skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain Management certification and/or commensurate experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Mantle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide complete benefits and competitive compensation that includes equity ownership. You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Mantle, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.