Enjoy working on-site at Shoe Carnival's corporate office located in Evansville, Indiana!
The Buyer's Assistant position performs administrative work and provides support to the Buyer in their specific area of merchandise (Men's Non-Athletic, Children's, Women's Athletics, etc.)
- Creates and maintains merchandise analysis reports in Excel.
- Creates or reproduces reports, forms, correspondence, and other materials as needed by the Buyer.
- Establishes and maintains official documents and records in appropriate files.
- Manages vendor contacts and schedules.
- Facilitates and ensures timely completion of sample process flows.
- Manages the sample room and tags all samples when they are bought.
- Prepares and creates all purchase orders, including price change data entry.
- Handles visitors, calls, and phone logs for the Buyer, ensuring proper responses are received.
- Works with Merchandising team when help is needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Strong computer skills including a proven ability to create and maintain complex analysis reports.
- Experience in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- On-the-job training provided.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors at every level.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Time)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, Disability, and Voluntary Benefits
- Fitness Membership Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee & Family Discounts
- Relocation Opportunities