30+ days ago
If you are a Purchasing professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in ourTulsa, OKlocation, you will be a part of the team that manages the procurement of MRO raw materials, Inventory, Suppliers, and services used in Plant Operations and production.
AS THE BUYER, YOU WILL:
- Evaluate supplier performance, communicate results, develop, and implement strategies and tactics for improvement
- Prepare Purchase Orders and Request for Quotes, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplierrsquo;s reputation and history
- Assist material flow from suppliers through Reschedule Ins, Reschedule Outs, expedites, cancellations, issuance of purchase orders, purchase order releases and requisitions
- Resolve Contract/Purchase Order, payment, and quality problems with suppliers
- Provide commodity forecast data to suppliers; establish appropriate order lot size and packaging quantities to achieve optimum material flow and inventory objectives
- Resolve delivery/receiving problems
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine need for changes
- Participate in supplier business reviews as required in conjunction with the strategic procurement function
WHO YOU ARE:
In this position, you make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information while carefully considering all relevant factors. You recognize when a solution can be sustainable! You are attentive to the competitive landscapes which enables better decisions, and you can readily propose future scenarios. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action! As a Buyer, you persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You relate comfortably with people across levels, functions, cultures, and geography and build rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way. You follow through on commitments and you practice what you preach. You are Emerson!
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3-5 yearsrsquo; experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment
- Analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelorrsquo;s degree in business, procurement or related field preferred
- Oracle experience preferred but not required
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs:medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more.We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives ndash; and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our companyrsquo;s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about ourand .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the worldrsquo;s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes ndash; Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future ndash; shape, define and fuel Emersonrsquo;s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether yoursquo;re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, yoursquo;ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.