PND Engineers, Inc.
PND Engineers’ Anchorage office seeks a highly motivated CAD Designer with 5+ years of experience preferred. The award-winning team in this office performs challenging civil and structural design and construction administration projects with special emphasis in coastal and arctic environments.
- Prepare clear, accurate and complete drawings using practical design knowledge.
- Develop detailed design elements using information from various sources which may include site studies, vendor drawings, catalog data, engineering sketches, reference drawings and input from other disciplines.
- Review and check design drawings and vendor shop drawings.
- Participate in design coordination with engineers and other disciplines in the development of complete drawing packages.
- 5+ years of experience preferred, demonstrating proficiency in manual and computer-assisted techniques.
- 2-year degree in design/drafting technology, OR completion of technical design/drafting certification preferred.
- Understands the development and markup of plan sets for civil and public works projects (site development, water and wastewater treatment process, and roadways.)
- Able to read, use, and develop plan and profile drawings.
- Understands and able to work with and in 3D drawings and models.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work seamlessly in a teamwork setting in an office of approximately 50 engineers and technicians.
- Ability to understand and follow CAD standards, procedures, and client requirements.
- Experience with the current version of AutoCAD and ability to gain proficiency in Civil 3D, Revit, and other engineering design applications.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to produce accurate, efficient work within budget and time constraints.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability to work occasional overtime as needed.
- Construction experience a plus.
PND Engineers is an EOE/AA Employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities