HealthFitness is looking for passionate Camp Counselors within our community youth summer program located in Beaumont, TX! In this position, you will be responsible for the implementation of a variety of youth programs, providing a fun, safe, and positive learning experience for all campers. You will also be responsible for the general safety, development and growth, and skill achievement of the participants in your assigned group. You will provide high quality educational and recreational experiences for participants that focus on the Christus Health and Wellness core values of Health, Honesty/Integrity, Family, Productivity and Respect. This is a part-time position, working approximately 20 hours per week on a seasonal basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with state (Texas) and Christus Health and Wellness Center requirements in care of children.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues. Always be respectful when correcting behaviors and also when speaking with parents.
- Have a strong understanding of all emergency procedures associated with the camp program and HWC policies.
- Maintain all proper documentation and certifications and attend all required annual service training.
- Adhere to dress code, cell phone, and proper etiquette policies when on duty.
- Exhibit great communication with team members and direct supervisor.
- Lead, instruct, and participate with children in all camp activities while providing the safest environment possible ( adhering to all state and local guidelines).
- Assist with organizing arts and crafts each week and developing with games and activities related to each week's theme.
- Make sure all kids are in compliance with covid protocols and keep areas clean and disinfected.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have flexible schedule.
- Knowledge and experience in basic child supervision strongly preferred.
- CPR & First Aid certification from the American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute is required within first 90 days of hire (classes available on site).
- Ability to create programs and activities based on academics and physical needs.
- Strong attention to detail when working with children.
- Ability to multi-task as well as work quickly and accurately.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills when dealing with children, fellow staff, and parents.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.