Cardiothoracic/Cardiovascular Surgeon - U.S. NAVY (Part Time)
Continental US, TN
U.S. Navy (Location, Continental US)
Part-time (Seeking fully trained US board certified & licensed Cardiothoracic/Cardiovascular Surgeons)
(US Categorically matched residents may also apply and be eligible for other incentives)
Navy medicine has opportunities for surgeons to serve part-time while maintaining their civilian practice. Navy surgeons typically enjoy an accelerated career track, with opportunities to care for the medical needs of the brave men and women who serve our country, their families and other beneficiaries who have served. Its a great responsibilityand an honorof the highest order. The rewards for meeting such challenges are, of course, also great.
As a Navy Reserve Officer, youll have ample opportunity to see the world. The Navy will work with you so you can be flexible in scheduling your Reserve time. It really is the best of both worlds. You serve your country you stay true to yourself. Drill one weekend per month locally, plus one two-week period annually. Take some time for yourself and enjoy the sights and sounds of places such as Italy, Spain, or Japan, while you complete your annual training.
You may also take part in humanitarian relief efforts stateside and around the world collaborating with fellow military doctors and other health care professionals, while partnering with International Relief Teams and organizations, such as FEMA, USAID, and Project Hope.
Navy health-care offers the ability to focus on the finer points of medicine in state of the art facilities, without the financial and business complications of a private practice. Start-up costs, malpractice insurance, staffing, equipment and office management dont exist for Navy surgeons.
- May qualify for up to $75,000 accession bonus or $40K per year served school loan repayment ($250K CAP)
- Dependent Identification Cards - Dependents access to commissary, exchange, and recreation facilities
- Servicemans Group Life Insurance - $400,000 for ready reservist performing at least 12 drill for pay
- Dental Insurance - Enroll you and your family in Tricare Dental with low monthly premiums
- Health Insurance - Enroll in Tricare Reserve Select for you and your family with low premiums
- Thrift Savings Plan - Take advantage of this tax-deferred optional retirement plan
- Base Facilities, Commissary, and Exchange access - Have access recreational facilities and exchanges
- Travel - Travel Space Available on military aircrafts from certain military bases at a low fee
- Retirement - Eligible for retirement benefits for 20 good years of service at military retirement age
- Post 9/11 GI Bill - Provides educational benefits to fulfill your educational needs
- Home Loans -Department of Veterans Affairs Home Loan Guarantee Program after 6 years of good service
About the Company
In America's Navy, opportunity is everywhere. Make a living as a rescue swimmer. Spend your days launching jets off aircraft carriers. Turn your problem-solving skills into cyberwarfare expertise. Bring humanitarian relief to victims of disaster. Wherever your passions lie, the most versatile branch of the military will forge your skills with state-of-the-art technology, collaborative mentorship and hands-on experience. Whether you choose full-time, Active Duty or part-time enlistment in the Navy Reserve, you can meet your professional goals and discover the pride of defending your nation alongside Sailors from across the country.And after all, it's not where the sea takes you, but who it makes you.
Start your journey at NAVY.COM