Caregiver (HCA) $1000 sign on bonus Vashon Community Care
VCC | Assisted Living
We are hiring Caregivers for all shifts: FT and PT.
Vashon Community Care, a not-for-profit assisted living community seeking Certified Caregivers who lead and are accountable for the delivery of patient care of residents in our assisted living and memory care. As nurse delegated, you will provide care through resident’s individualized care plans, directed by our licensed nurses for our assisted living residents. Will pay for CNA bridge class for eligible team members.
We have fun at work and laugh a lot! We work hard and care deeply about our mission, community and each other. In a typical day you will:
· Monitoring vitals and conditions on a scheduled nurse directed plan
· Provide socialization and engagement with residents
· Assist residents with toileting, oral hygiene, bathing, grooming, dressing, , fall prevention
· Assist in serving meals, leading
· Daily document resident care provided
· Provide cueing and physical assists to residents in transfers/ambulation
· Keep resident rooms in order; provides comfortable, clean, safe environment
· Have fun working on Vashon Island.
· Competitive Pay with bi-weekly pay-periods
· Health, dental, vision, & life insurance packages available _ dependent eligibility also offered
· 403 (b) _retirement savings package with employer matching
· Short Term & Long-term Disability
· Sick & Vacation Time accrual
· Ferry fare expense covered for off island commuters
· Meals provided during shift
· Continuing Education Units (CEUs) offered
· Training available for nursing assistant certification.
Job Qualifications & Skills
· Must be 18 years or older
· Hold a high school diploma or equivalent
· Dedicated people who love seniors!
· Current and in good standing Home Care Aide Certification or Certified Nursing Assistant Certification.
· Have the ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
· Has effective written and verbal skills to complete responsibilities of the position
· Is a self-starter
· English speaking to communicate with residents and staff
· Current authorization to work in the US
· Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a contingent offer of employment.
· Current First Aid/CPR certification
· Current Food Handlers Card
About Vashon Community Care
Vashon Community Care is a 56 bed assisted living community with memory care and part of the Transforming Age Community. Located on beautiful Vashon Island, our boutique community allows you to work in a warm and inviting environment, experience island life, and work with some pretty amazing people! Are you looking for a fun and inviting place to work? Come join the VCC family! Our team is warm and inviting and will encourage you along your journey. All we ask is that you will help our residents perform their activities of daily living, engage with them socially, and provide a safe environment for them to thrive.
We are excited to hear from you! Fill out our application online or call us today!
Vashon Community Care is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. VCC is a drug free workplace.