Carrier Procurement Assistant
Carrier Procurement Assistant
Phoenix, AZ, US, 85281
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Assistant, Carrier Procurement, you will be responsible for connecting with customers, matching the right carrier with the right freight and providing daily freight solutions to our customers. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Track the status of shipments from inception to delivery, and communicate with the sales representative on status of the shipment
- Identify and address any issues that may arise on any shipment
- Ensure accurate data entry into the transportation management system and prepare loads for accounting
- Communicate any shipment, billing or follow-up issues to Carrier Operations Manager
- Prioritize the daily workload and focus of your carriers including tracking and tracking reports
- Maintain knowledge of all assigned carriers and utilization
- Monitor report cards
To be successful at XPO, it’d be great if you have:
- 1 year of sales or customer service experience
- 1 year of related experience and/or training, and a general understanding of the transportation industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated work style with the capacity to work well with minimal direct supervision or in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills with experience identifying and resolving problems
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment:Procurement, Data Entry, Outside Sales, Buyer, Operations, Administrative, Sales
About the Company
XPO Logistics is one of the largest transportation and logistics companies in the world, with a mission to help our customers operate in the most efficient ways possible. We do this by providing cutting-edge supply chain solutions to over 50,000 companies, including many of the world's most successful brands.
At XPO, we’re committed to helping motivated team players build their careers in many different settings: transportation hubs, distribution centers, offices, technology labs and virtual spaces. We're growing worldwide and looking for talented individuals at all experience levels. We do work that is important, meaningful and satisfying. That equals a supportive workplace with amazing colleagues, and an opportunity to realize your full potential.
Join us and do your best work in a positive environment with team support, competitive pay and personalized development.