Santa Ana, CA
Case Manager III – Rapid Rehousing
Santa Ana, CA 92704
Salary: Starting at $21.64/hr
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of others to join our new RRH and Homelessness Prevention Program in Orange County as a Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding and inclusive work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation and sick time, and retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Rapid Re-housing (RRH) Programs and Homelessness Prevention Programs provide services to assist individuals and families who are experiencing or at imminent risk of homelessness quickly obtain or sustain housing. Respectively, these programs provide temporary financial assistance and services to return people experiencing homelessness to permanent housing or temporary financial assistance to prevent people from falling into homelessness.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
As part of the RRH Program, Case Managers provide outreach, linkage, and retention services to individuals experiencing homelessness alongside a team of other case managers, housing locators, and community providers. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans and monitoring progress
- Providing strength-based case management and service coordination designed to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable housing
- Providing field-based case management services such as coaching on independent living skills, assistance with housing stabilization and benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for services needed by clients to reach their goals
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate care
- Performing housing location and retention services by conducting neighborhood canvasing, landlord outreach, unit inspections and providing support to resolve disputes between land lords and tenants
WHAT YOU BRING
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with rapid-rehousing and case management techniques such as critical time intervention, strategies for harm reduction, crisis intervention, and motivational interviewing
- Have HMIS experience (preferred)
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree OR have at least 2 years of experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
Effective 11/01/2021 PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Employment Type: Full Time