Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Cashier receives cash from customers as payment for goods or services. Displays prompt and courteous service to customers and is able to communicate effectively with them.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
- 1 Year Basic Mathematics Required
- 1 Year Cash Register Preferred
- Follows daily routine for cash register set-up involving duties such as: Efficient layout of cash drawer, confirm adequate supply of register tapes, point of sale merchandise, general housekeeping of register stand, register and scale.
- Reconciles cash drawer at the end of the shift or as required. Ensures cash drawer is balanced and that all sales are properly recorded.
- Records all appropriate meal information for volunteers, students, employees and physicians. Submits all information to the designated person at the end of each shift.
- Operates cash register by passing price coded items across electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list and display cost of customer purchase, tax and rebates on monitor screen.
- Assists in care and maintenance of cafeteria work areas, equipment and supplies as directed.
- Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations.