Big 5 Sporting Goods is seeking an energetic, sports-minded individual to join our customer service team. Available openings are generally filled by enthusiastic, detail-oriented people with solid customer service backgrounds and/or educational paths well-suited to the industry. Cashiers are responsible for overseeing the front counter POS (register) terminal. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, cash-handling and bagging of purchased merchandise, greeting customers, answering telephones, direction of sales associates using the PA system, stocking shelves, and the cleaning and maintenance of displayed merchandise on the sales floor. You will also be responsible for ensuring a pleasant shopping experience for all customers.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must possess High School diploma, GED, High School Equivalency, certificated equivalent and/or relevant experience.
* Must possess basic organizational and/or applicable math skills.
* Upon accepting an offered position, candidate will be subject to E-Verify and background checks.
* Light to moderate lifting may be required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must possess effective and demonstrable interactive and communicative skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled