At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it – fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. That’s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
Location:601 Division Street South - Northfield, Minnesota 55057
Responsible for the efficient, ethical and lawful compounding and dispensing of prescription pharmaceuticals. Advises customers on the use and storage of prescription and non prescription drugs. Orders and maintains supply of pharmaceutical stock. Oversee pharmacy technicians as needed.
Implement the OWN IT! (One customer to Wow Now by Interacting and providing Total satisfaction) service programs and model high standards of service to achieve a customer oriented store.
- Lead and/or oversee pharmacy technicians and/or pharmacy interns as needed to ensure efficient and accurate service is provided. Communicate with the Pharmacy Manager about any potential concerns.
- Maintain a clean and well-stocked department; ensure the department complies with Company standards.
- Maintain and implement pharmacy programs (i.e. security measures, immunizations and other clinical programs) accordingly. May be responsible to provide clinical care services as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal regulations, industry trends and best Pharmacy practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes and to ensure company legal compliance/ Comply with all applicable federal and state regulations.
- Maintain Pharmacy records to include, but not limited to, customer profiles, insurance forms, pharmacy record/POS systems, inventories, control records and registries (i.e., poisons, narcotics, controlled substances, etc.)
- Receive prescription and refill requests from customers and/or clinics and fill prescriptions requests efficiently and accurately and in a professional and courteous manner.
- Dispense medications as prescribed; oversee and ensure accurate retrieving, counting, pouring, weighing, mixing, packaging and/or labeling of products.
- Provide medication counsel and advise customers on both prescription and over-the-counter medications regarding use, dosage, drug interactions/side effects, storage, etc.
- Responsible to order, stock, check inventory, and perform cycle counts in the pharmacy, for both prescription and over-the-counter items and maintain familiarity of department products.
- Review and validate received orders for amount, quality, count or weight, condition and ensure all products are stored in appropriate areas.
- Ensure all out dated/damaged products are handled per established guidelines.
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more here.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.