CDL Bus Operator
North Texas Mobility Corporation
Provide safe, reliable, courteous, and efficient transportation service for customers. Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in the performance of job requirements. Demonstrate safety and customer service as fundamental values that guide all aspects of our work. Operators on standby may be asked to perform additional duties including but not limited to shuttling personnel and or vehicles.
These duties are a general representation of the position; assignments may vary
- Develop and practice defensive driving skills to prevent vehicle or customer accidents. In the event of an accident or emergency, assist customers to ensure their safety.
- Maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with customers at all times.
- Provide accurate information to customers regarding fares, services, schedules, and operating rules.
- Successfully perform scheduled service by picking up all customers on time and safely delivering them to their destinations within the designated timeframe, and when necessary, collecting the appropriate fare.
- Assist customers with boarding and exiting the vehicle, and secure wheelchair clamps or safety belts as required.
- Announce major streets, transfer points, and points of interest as required.
- Communicate effectively with dispatch or central office personnel to ensure safe and timely arrival and departure times.
- Perform routine safety inspections and associated documentation on the assigned vehicles at assigned intervals, and immediately report all mechanical defects.
- Complete all necessary documentation as assigned, including records and logs throughout the course of the day (i.e. odometer readings, times, and passenger information), and clear and concise incident reports as needed.
- Provide verbal and written reports to supervisors and management regarding services, safety, schedule, fare, and operational issues or concerns.
- For Safety and Security reasons, while on duty, ensures that the vehicle is free of debris on floors and seats. Empties trash along the route when full.
• Perform job duties, and respond to situations, in a respectful and professional manner.
Knowledge and Skills
REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to obtain/maintain a minimum Class B valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger (P) endorsement for public passenger transport valid within the State of Texas.
- Ability to gain knowledge of service area and services provided.
- Ability to understand and utilize various technology (i.e. tablets, radios, app-based software, etc.).
- Ability to navigate the service area using maps and/or onboard directional equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with customers at all times.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to work with the public in a variety of situations while performing several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and maintain defensive driving skills and operate a vehicle in a safe and efficient manner, as demonstrated during the training period.
- Willingness and ability to work various hours, including early morning and late-night shifts; split shifts; weekends and holidays; and split days off.
- Ability to report to work regularly and on time.
- Background check and satisfactory physical exam are required as a condition of employment
- Must submit to and pass all required DOT pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol testing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, employees, management, and the general public, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds, older adults, individuals with disabilities, and/or other vulnerable populations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Professional driving experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous customer service experience working with the general public, older adults, persons with disabilities, and/or other vulnerable populations preferred, but not required
About the Company
North Texas Mobility Corporation
The North Texas Mobility Corporation (NTMC) is a local government corporation established by the Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA). NTMC is dedicated to providing innovative mobility, maintenance, customer service, and management services to clients throughout North Texas.
Current mobility services include fixed-route bus, commuter bus, university shuttles, demand response (general public, ADA, and elderly/disabled), zoned-based on-demand services, Transportation Network Company (TNC) services, and taxi-voucher programs.
NTMC is a turnkey solution that also provides management oversight, fleet maintenance, and dedicated customer service.