Central Sterile Supervisor
Plantation General Hospital
PlantationGeneral Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation andCentral Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes ofthe Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our familyfriendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients andthe communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission CertifiedPrimary Stroke Center and an American College ofSurgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intensefocus in Women and Children’s Services, we have received HealthgradesObstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, and offer private postpartum,quality high risk OB care and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric,behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, andminimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We inviteyou to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join ourdedicated family of healthcare professionals.
We offer you an excellent total compensationpackage, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growthopportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent workwith us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life,disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employeestock purchase program.
- Assist in meeting the standards of compliance, accreditation & regulatory bodies regarding supply & instrument processing & sterilization.
- Aid in the development, review & revision of policies and procedures.
- Direct a variety of sterile processing functions to maintain smooth operation of CSP.
- Process, sort, wrap & sterilize surgicaltrays & packs according to policy using appropriate sterilization method.
- Decontaminate and clean I.V. pumps, suction machines & other equipment brought down fromthe nursing units.
- Maintain appropriate shelf stock inventory ofsurgical supplies and restocks carts and shelves to par level.
- Clean andrestock crash carts after each use.
- Provide directsupervision of CSP techs & assists the Director in completing the evaluationof staff performance timely.
- Demonstrate theability to assign/delegate tasks appropriately based on staff competency.
- Schedule personnel to provide adequate coverage for surgical schedule and flexes hoursaccording to case volume.
- Proactivelycheck O.R. schedule daily to assure appropriate equipment & suppliesnecessary for procedures is available.
- Advanced knowledge of surgical instruments and sterilization procedures and infection control policies
- Basic supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of instrumentation, aseptic techniques and care/maintenance of instrumentation & equipment.