Central Supply Technician - Sterile Processing
**Sign on bonus available**
Fairview Range is seeking a CRCST or Central Supply Technician to join our Sterile Processing team! Applicants with current CRCST certification through IAHCSMM will be automatically moved into a CRCST position. Applicants without current CRCST certification must be willing and able to obtain this certification within 1 year of hire. On the job training will be provided!
This is a full time, benefit eligible position! We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefit package including medical, dental, retirement, PTO, and more.
The Central Supply Technician processes and distributes stock supplies and forms to all nursing departments. Clean, decontaminate, assemble, wrap and terminally sterilize all reusable patient care equipment and instruments and supplies.Responsibilities/Job Description:
- Supply Distribution; To distribute and maintain appropriate supply levels on all patient care units.
- Provide safe and effective transport of supplies, equipment, and instrumentation throughout the system. Keeps product covered during transport.
- Transport and Decontamination; Responsible for receiving, identifying, and decontaminating used surgical and patient care instrumentation and equipment.
- Assembly, Sterilization and Storage; Processes reusable instrumentation, utensils, scopes and other reusable supplies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willing and able to obtain CRCST certification within 1 year.
- Upon successful completion employee automatically moves into CRCST position.
- Certified Central Service Technician or Surg Tech willing to complete with 1 year.
- Working knowledge of medical equipment, supplies.
- Prior experience Sterile Processing/Decontamination, Materials Management or healthcare experience.
- One year post-secondary school, RCST, CRCST
- 400 hours or more experience in instrument handling, assembly, decontamination and Sterilization.
- Working knowledge in Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook.