More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives!
When you have the power to make a difference in the health and well-being of others, every day is extraordinary.
THIS IS A REMOTE/PART-TIME POSITION. THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT TO RESIDE IN ANY PARTICULAR STATE.
Are you patient driven?
You will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where itâ€™s all about multi-tasking to get the job done. If you are positive and professional with a focus on solving problems and doing whatever it takes to make a difference to every customer every time, you are a match for CCS Medical! If you relate well to all kinds of people, listen attentively, and can hone in on the most important issues, then.â€¦â€¦. this is the career for you!
As a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist-PART-TIME (CDCES / CDE - Work from Home- located in West Coast- preferred Bilingual-Spanish) you will educate patients on diabetes self-management by developing the patientâ€™s knowledge, skills, and abilities that are necessary to manage diabetes and improve his or her health outcomes. Diabetes self-management education provides adaptive techniques and/or equipment to help the patient self-manage his or her diabetes.
What youâ€™ll be doing...
- Remote position (work from home) assisting Insulin Pump and CGM patients telephonically.
- Provides diabetes education and information to patients through the Diabetes Self-Management Education/Training (DSME/T) program.
- Assists in the assessment, data collection, education, instruction and evaluation of managed care diabetes patients
- Assists in the implementation and evaluation of diabetes training & education programs for internal employees
- Participates in educational programs and in-house meetings on product information and new procedures
- Assists in the development of diabetes educational materials
- Provides one-on-one instruction for employees as needed
- Represents and promotes CCS Medical and Diabetes Education department at trade shows, conferences, community events, and community diabetes programs as needed
- Attends annual diabetes conferences (ADA, ADCES, American Dietetic Association) for continued diabetes education training
- Maintains and promotes patient confidentiality
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, HIPAA, and Private Insurance regulations and requirements
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
What WE Bring to the Table:
We offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and vesting schedule, financial planning, and competitive salary.
What YOU Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor Degree (AA) from a college or university and one to two years of diabetes education experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Diabetes Educator certification (CDCES) by National Certification Board of Diabetes Educators, Registered Dietitian (RD), Licensed Dietician (LD), Registered Pharmacist (RPh) or Registered Nurse (RN), and Insulin Pump/Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) certifications or equivalent experience and/or training are required.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Effectively presents information and respond to questions from internal and external customers
- Proficient with various Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of processing methodologies and medical terminology
- Knowledge of CCS Medical product line(s), general coverage, clinical criteria, regulatory and compliance standards
- Excellent planning, organization, multi-tasking and execution skills
- Strong interpersonal relation, judgment and decision-making skills
CCS Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer /Veterans/Disabled