Certified Diabetes Educator
New York, NY
Lighthouse Guild is a leading organization dedicated to providing exceptional services that inspire people who are visually impaired to attain their goals. We provide coordinated care for eye health, vision rehabilitation and behavioral health as well as related services.
The successful candidate will work in our Diagnostic and Treatment Center and our Adult Day Health Care program.
Adult Day Health Care
Provides assessment, development and implementation of a nutritional care plan for each registrant. Interviews registrants and/or family members/advocates to obtain dietary histories and develop individual nutritional care plan.
Provides individualized nutrition assessment, diagnostic therapy and counseling services for the purpose of diabetes self-management. Collaborating with health care professionals to promote healthful behaviors for and any relevant caregivers to assist in informed decision making about food, dietary habits, health and optimal glycemic control.
- Master’s Degree in Food & Nutrition from an accredited institution
- Registered Dietitian (RDN)
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- At least 2 years of staff nutritionist experience in a community setting
- Strong assessment and teaching skills
- PC proficiency, superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
Universal precautions, HIPAA, LGI annual mandatory updates.
We offer a comprehensive salary, new state-of-the-art facility and a comprehensive benefits package.
Paid time off
Agency Website: https://www.lighthouseguild.org/
- Master of Science or better in Nutrition
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Cert. Diabetic Educat