In accordance with established company policies and procedures, the Certified Medication Technician is responsible for safe administration of prescribed medications and treatments as listed on Medication Administration Record (MAR) and Treatment Administration Record (TAR). The Certified Medication Technician provides personal are and nursing care to residents as needed/assigned and ensures delivery of care and services to residents in the community to include Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), room cleanliness, scheduled activities and dining services and individual service plan need of each assigned resident.
- Administer medications safely ensuring the six rights of medication administration are followed.
- Count and sign approved form, all narcotics with approved personal before accepting medication keys. Alert Director of Health and Wellness (DHW) immediately with discrepancies.
- Order medication and treatments from appropriate pharmacy or notify responsible party when supply is no less than 7 days.
- Notify DHW or Executive Director (ED) when supply is less than two days and medicine has not been received.
- Receive and verify medicine received is accurate according to pharmacy label and MAR. Notify pharmacy and DHW of discrepancies.
- Store medications properly and ensure lotions, ointments, and liquids stored separately from oral medications.
- Date appropriate vials/bottles at time of initial opening and follow pharmacy protocol on length of time they can be used.
- Inspect medications weekly to ensure expired medications are removed.
- Verify current MARs are compared to new MARs at change over time and notify DHW of discrepancies.
- Remove discontinued medication from medication cart and give to DHW.
- Provide personal care to residents including, but not limited to, bathing, skin care, oral hygiene, grooming, dressing, incontinence care, eating, etc.
- Provide general nursing care including, but not limited to vital signs, temperature, blood pressure, and weight.
- Document appropriate information in daily log as required, notify Shift Supervisor (SS) and DHW of concerns.
- Answer calls and assist residents with needs as assigned.
- Follow company standards, policies and practices to include, but not limited to, attendance, dress code, etc.
- Assist in dining room with setting tables, serving meals. and clearing dining room as assigned.
- Assist with scheduled activities and housekeeping as assigned.
- Relieve SS, Attendants, or other direct care staff for breaks as assigned.
- Clean medicine carts daily at end of shift and restock as needed.
- Perform weekly deep cleaning of medicine carts.
- Attend and participate in staff training and in-services.
- Current First Aid Training required.
- Act as a shift supervisor in emergencies or as directed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Maintain accurate records to include preparation of medical charts for new admissions and readmissions and ensure medical record is complete within forty-eight (48) hours as Policy and Procedure (P&P) and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform all duties in adherence of established policies and procedures, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance and report for duty as scheduled.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Current Medication Technician Certification as per state regulations required.
- Organize and manage multiple priorities in an efficient manner.
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Display excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to speak and write effectively in English.
- Commit and adhere to company values and policies.
- Basic computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Successfully complete the Medical Technician class.
- High school graduate with minimum of one year working with a senior population with strong interest in medical administrative responsibilities.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Adhere to confidentiality procedures to ensure HIPAA and Morningside House standards are always met or exceeded.
Level of Formal Education: High school diploma or GED
Skills and Ability: Customer service skills
Benefits Description:Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday.