Under General supervision of the Sterile Processing Manager and direct supervision of the Sterile Processing Shift Supervisor. Cleans, assembles and sterilizes equipment, supplies and instruments. Decontaminates, assembles and sterilizes surgical instruments utilizing steam autoclaves and Plasma low temperature sterilization equipment. Technicians perform high level disinfection of equipment and instrumentation, utilizing Automatic Endoscope Reprocessing units and manual soaking protocols.
• Technician maintains all hospital Service behaviors with Trust, Respect and Excellence. Role modeling the hospital service behaviors. Create pride and joy in the work and department team. Assist in the orientation and training of new staff members. Foster the culture of recognition with all co-workers.
• Technician demonstrates the ability to perform all duties within the AAMI / AORN standards. Technician demonstrates the ability to follow all Manufacture intentions for usage for all equipment and instrumentation reprocessed.
• Decontaminates, assembles and sterilizes all equipment and instruments properly and completely. Maintain all proper procedures and guidelines during the cleaning, preparation and sterilization process. Ensure all steps are followed during the Decontamination cleaning and inspection has.
• Comprehensively utilizes all electronic tracking systems as intended and implemented. Reports any discrepancies within the safety arena I.E. Sharps, medication, or damaged equipment and instrumentation received. Technician demonstrates the ability to perform all Collection and distribution of instrument sets & equipment duties for the departments serviced.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
• Knowledge of hospital safety hazard protocols including universal precautions and body mechanics ergonomics.
• Ability and aptitude to maintain all quality control standards established in the decontamination, assembly and sterilization work areas.
• Ability to maintain all departmental documentation duties including but not limited to electronic records maintenance, verification, validation, and completion within the decontamination, prep and packaging and sterilization areas. React calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Technician maintains professional communication both electronically and in person.
• Technician maintains respect for all coworkers by acknowledging their values and beliefs.
• Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Sterile Processing Microsystems, One Source document management.
• High School Diploma or GED (Required) Two years of sterile processing experience, required.
• Certified Sterile Processing Tech (Required) Certification through CBSPD or IAHCSMM, required.Certification through CBSPD or IAHCSMM, required.
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."