Certified Surgical Technologist - Labor & Delivery
Salem Health Hospitals & Clinics
Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics are part of a network of state of the art medical facilities located within the heart of the Willamette Valley. At Salem Health, we pride ourselves on being a community centric, diverse organization that has been voted a top workplace by our employees for three years running.
We continually strive to provide innovative paths to learning and growth while maintaining an environment of strategic problem solving objectives through Lean driven principles. We understand that hardworking, conscientious and compassionate team members are one of our most valuable assets and we are always looking for outstanding people to join our team.Description/Qualifications:
Your Role With Us:
As an integral part of the Labor and Delivery team, you will ensure that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. You will combine your passion of both patient care and a high-tech surgical environment in a way that can directly drive business results.
Sign-on bonus of up to $5,000! *Depending on experience
- Assists physician during surgical procedures by providing correct instrumentation, supplies and equipment before, during and after procedures, processes and maintains instruments, restocks supplies, prepares for future cases and assists with room turnover.
- Prepares operating room for surgical procedures by ensuring that surgical equipment is functioning properly.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgical team based on knowledge of human anatomy and pathphysiology and how those fields relate to the surgical patient and the patientâ€™s surgical procedure.
- Current BLS from the AHA required
One of three paths required to be eligible:
- A & B
(A) Provides the health care facility with documentation showing that the person has completed an educational program for surgical technologists accredited by a national accreditation organization approved by the Oregon Health Authority by rule; and
(B) Holds and maintains a surgical technologist certification issued by a nationally accredited certifying organization for surgical technologists approved by the authority by rule;
- Completed US Military Surgical Technologist Training Program
- (A) Provides the health care facility with documentation showing that the person has completed a training program for surgical technologists in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps; and
- (B) Every two years completes 16 hours of continuing education approved by the authority; or
- Experience Based:
- (A) Provides the health care facility with documentation showing that the person practiced surgical technology during at least two of the three years immediately preceding January 1, 2017:
- (i) In a health care facility in Oregon or in another state; or
- (ii) As an employee of an agency or institution of the federal government; and
- (B) Every two years completes 16 hours of continuing education approved by the authority."
- Prior surgical tech experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred
We have many excellent opportunities available! To view all of our openings, please visit our career page at https://www.salemhealth.org/about/careersClosing:
As a leader in the local industry, Salem Health offers a generous total rewards package, an empowering culture, and a commitment to the development and growth of our in-house talent. Our work is grounded in respect for people and continuous improvement and we invite you to partner with us to further our mission.
Salem Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.