Certified Tech - Surgical
Gables Search Group
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
This medical center is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. It is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services to include: Emergency Care, Trauma Care, Pediatric ER, Heart & Vascular Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center, The Baby Suites maternity care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II, Women’s Services, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics & Spine and a Graduate Medical Education Program. We also expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department.
We are currently seeking a Certified OR Surgical Technician to join our Open Heart Surgery team. This is a Full-time position with rotating weekend requirements and will be supporting our Open Heart team.
- Anticipates physician preferences based upon scheduled surgical procedures contributing to achievement of established OR goals/performance numbers and improving patient outcomes.
- Assists in operative procedures by preparing and passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors and cutting sutures.
- Assists in the maintenance and care of specimens and prepares surgical specimen for laboratory analysis
- Assists in the preparation of the operative site in anticipation of the surgical procedure.
- Follows universal precautions, and follows patient safety standards; and ensures proper cleaning, processing, and handling of all surgical instrumentation and scopes. Applies the principles of asepsis to ensure the prevention of infection and maintain optimum patient care.
- Works collaboratively with surgical team to perform and ensure accurate surgical counts. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital acquired conditions.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively and works with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Graduate from approved Surgical Tech Program
- 1-3 years of experience as a surgical tech is required.
- Current BLS, or BLS Instructor- through the American Heart Association
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) from a commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or TS-C (Tech in Surgery- Certified) from the National Center for competency testing (NCCT).
- Skills: critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
- Open Heart experience strongly preferred
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Osceola Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
- Must do on call/ must live within 30 min of facility
- Must be certified, CST
- Must have at least 1 year CV/ open heart exp
Salary Exp- $17.30- $21 FLEX
Weekend Diff: $1
On Call Pay: $3
Sign on: No
Relo: case by case