Channel Manager - Construction & Industrial
Stanley Black & Decker
Mississauga, ON, US
30+ days ago
Reports To: Marketing Manager, C&I
Location: Mississauga, ON-Virtual, Home Office
Our team at Stanley Black & Decker embraces the critical importance of employment equity, diverse representation, and inclusive work environments. Our culture is dynamic, results-oriented, focused on change and share a unified passion for creating products, tools and solutions for those who make the world. Wherever you go in our company, you’ll find uncompromised devotion to performance, innovation, customer satisfaction and social responsibility. Now is your chance to become one of these people within our growing Fortune 200 Company. A role with us will give you a strong understanding of how a world class organization creates and implements different strategies across our various commercial brands for a positive outcome.
Recognized as one of Canada's Top Employers For Young People (2020 and 2021), Greater Toronto's Top Employers (2020 and 2021) and Canada’s Best Diverse Employers (2020 and 2021). As a key member of Channel Team, you will be responsible for leading the growth of your portfolio. This leadership role will assume responsibilities for product management, pricing strategies, promotional strategies, forecasting, asset management and public relations. This individual must have well rounded business skill set to direct growth initiatives in these categories over the next several years and a keen insight to the Canadian market. You will be working with some of the most recognizable brands globally in the Construction and DIY industry including Dewalt, Stanley, Black & Decker, Craftsman, Irwin and Lenox.
- SBU responsibility: Sales, Margins, Expenses & Operating Income
- Develop and implement (3) Year Strategic Plan, line reviews, channel and account specific business plans to drive sales and profitable growth.
- Customize the execution of national (brand, product, customer experience)
- Manage relationships with internal and external creative teams, agencies and vendors to develop integrated custom communication materials.
- Financial measurement / tracking for Business reviews.
- Marketing Management including: promo plan development & financial analysis, forecasting, merchandising asset management and service level analysis.
- Create and implement innovative new product launches.
- Co-develop product launch plans with US Marketing and Canadian Sales Teams.
- Co-ordinate promotional product launches (bonus packs/merchandisers etc).
- Key point of contact with US and Global Marketing Teams.
- Educates sales and customers on emerging trends and how solutions are applied to maximize benefit.
- Provide product knowledge to Sales Force and in key account presentations.
- Communicate marketing activities to other departments on a regular basis to ensure integration and support for programs and initiatives.
What We Need
- College or University graduate, preferably with Business or Marketing background
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience as a sales or marketing professional
- Experience with campaign & promotion development & execution
- Worked closely supporting sales in a similar role would be an asset
- Strong product knowledge in construction tools wouldbe an asset
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills in multiple formats
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Creative thinker with the ability to provide solutions that meet the customer needs
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team
- High level of energy and commitment
What You Get
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees, it is our utmost priority
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business within our Fortune 200 company
- We offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Use of a company cell phone & laptop.
- Company Perks including: Goodlife Fitness discounts, Employee product purchase, and many more!
How You’ll Feel
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be and stay.
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on their own merit. We strive to hire employees that reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of employees and our communities including but not limited to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, and disability. We remain committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our work environments. We know that diversity underpins excellence, and that we all share responsibility for creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. Therefore, in pursuit of our values, we seek employees who will work respectfully and constructively with differences across the organizational hierarchy in actualizing SBD’s priorities, goals and principles of equity and inclusivity. If accommodation is required at any point in the recruitment process, please contact a member of our Recruitment Team. Please note that as part of our recruitment process, candidates in the final stages will be required to complete a background check which may include a criminal background, credit and driver’s abstract check.
About the Company
Stanley Black & Decker
Since 1843, we've set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world's most valuable things. We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DeWalt. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we'll keep making it work.
10,000 employees or more