Chaplain (Pool) - Dr. Phillips Hospital - Pool/Per Diem
Orlando Health is currently seeking a Chaplain (Pool/Per Diem) to provide spiritual and emotional care for patients, their loved ones and team members on assigned unit(s).
- Master’s degree of Divinity or equivalent theological education. Four (4) units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) (One (1) unit of Clinical Pastoral Education for Pool status) required.
- Ordination or equivalent AND endorsement as a Chaplain by a recognized religious body.
- Active spiritual faith demonstrated.
- Requires direct access to Protected Health Information (PHI). The PHI accessed is used for patient treatment, and healthcare operations purposes through direct contact with patients, family members, patients’ medical records/charts, computer applications and verbal reports from healthcare providers, and interaction with various hospital interdisciplinary team members.
- Documents interventions on the patient chart, including, but not limited to such information as referral source, spiritual assessments, interventions, and follow-up/referral plan.
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary clinical team, participating in patient rounds, case reviews, ethics consultations, and advanced directive consults.
- Provides crisis intervention and bereavement support for persons experiencing suffering, tragedy or loss.
- Performs requested sacramental services, applicable chapel services, and/or arranges for the provision of these services by community clergy.