SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a Talented HANDS ON Food Service Director for a private day school in Macon, GA serving 650 students and faculty for grades K-12 in a retail dining program. The Chef Manager will design and produce menus, plan and execute catering events, manage ordering and inventory, and develop our amazing kitchen team.
This is a typical day at a SAGE venue: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
What you get:
- Appreciative community
- Friendly work environment
- Awesome team
- Career opportunities in growing mission-based company
What you will do:
- Manage the retail dining program for this weekday operation
- Provide exceptional leadership to the team
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Create innovative menus for daily meal service
- Promote a culture of safety and teamwork
- Develop strong client and customer relationships
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Provide training to culinary team
- Create a positive team environment and develop the kitchen staff
- Manage ordering and inventory
What you need:
- Minimum 3 years of prior food service management experience
- Retail management experience and merchandising skills
- Social media skills to highlight the daily program
- Entrepreneurial spirit to move the program forward
- Awesome team development skills
- High energy and stamina
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Community/ service minded
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Culinary degree preferred but not required
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer