The Chemical Process Engineer will be working with the team to design, model, test, and optimize the temperature vacuum swing adsorption (TVSA) process for advanced proprietary materials developed for DAC. The engineer will take the lead in characterizing the materials and developing process models and prototypes. The position requires the engineer to work closely with research scientists to design and run the experiments. The engineer must possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Modeling and optimization: Create process, CFD, and spreadsheet models to optimize process parameters, evaluate design variations, and adapt the process to variations in real-world conditions
- Experiment design and validation: Manage the interface between modeling and experimental techniques by proposing appropriate experiments for model validation. Work with the prototype and research team to integrate data and improve model relevance and quality
- Prototype design: Design the required test units and prototypes, and work with the prototype engineer to fabricate, calibrate, and troubleshoot them
- Concept Design and Cost Estimation: Research, summarize, and present design and cost guidelines for process equipment and individual unit operations
- Risks, Safety, and Documentation: Conduct risk assessments and develop and maintain strong safety standards, both within prototype operation and for eventual plant operation. Manage completion of documentation to show and ensure compliance with internal and external regulations and protocols
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry and 5 years of related technical experience and/or training, or Master’s degree and 3 years of related technical experience, or PhD degree with directly relevant experience
- Strong understanding of adsorption/desorption processes
- Hands-on experience in building test units and prototypes
- Experience with adsorption process modeling software such as ASPEN or gPROMS
- Experience with modeling adsorption and thermal systems using CFD simulation tools such as COMSOL
- Strong organizational and communication ability, passion for learning and for start-up environment
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience in working on carbon capture projects
- Demonstrated experience in cost analysis of chemical plants
Carbon Capture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.