Chemical Services Technician
South Portland, ME
South Portland, ME, US
South Portland, ME
30+ days ago
As a _Chemical Services Technician_ working in the South Portland, Maine Manufacturing Facility the chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with his peers and internal customers to maintain the uninterruptible delivery of hazardous production materials to the manufacturing factory.
This position is for a day shift, A-flight position, however candidate must be flexible when requested to work outside of normal schedule to cover vacations and call outs. The schedule is a 3 days on / 3 days off rotation of 6am-6pm.
Within 30 days a successful candidate will be introduced to:
- Hazardous Materials handling and disposal safety training.
- Clean-room classifications and protocols.
- Incoming chemical deliveries and Warehouse duties.
- Inventory controls and First In-First Out procedures.
- Chemical issuance and Chain of Custody processes.
- Process gas cylinder change out procedures.
At the end of 60 days the candidate will able to:
- Operate Bulk Chemical Delivery Systems.
- Understand manufacturing interruption communications.
- Perform all process gas cylinder change out procedures.
- Blend small hand chemical mixes.
- Collect and process Hazardous waste from Satellite collection locations.
After the first 90 days the candidate will:
- Complete all Certifications within assigned Job Training plan.
- Be trained and able to independently carry out all chemical deliveries for manufacturing processes.
- Perform Regulatory required Environmental inspections.
- Comfortable wearing personal protective equipment.
- Able to stand/work on feet for long periods of time.
- Pass medical physical for full face respirator.
- Be able to lift 25/50 lbs.
- Willingness and discipline to follow procedures and specifications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with computer programs such as MS Word and Excel.
- Work independently in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment.
- Operate forklift.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in related field preferred.
onsemi is an equal opportunity employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, uniform service member status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. onsemi operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
Equal Employment Opportunity:onsemi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race (actual or perceived), ethnicity, color, religion (including any terms or conditions that would require a person to violate or forgo a sincerely held practice of their religion, unless it causes a bona fide undue hardship on the conduct of business), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a protected veteran, uniform service member status or discharge status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, certain arrest or criminal history records, homelessness, use of lawful products outside of work during nonworking hours, protective order status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact US.HR@onsemi.com for assistance.
Please visit https://bit.ly/ApplicantPosters to review your rights as an applicant: EEO is the Law, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, Your Rights Under USERRA, Employee Rights Under the Family Medical Leave Act, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement/Pay Transparency Policy Statement, and Right to Work/E-Verify Poster.
Primary Location : US-ME-South Portland
Work Locations :
USME02 FCS MAINE FACTORY
333 Western Ave
South Portland 04106-1705
Job : Technician
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 4, 2021, 6:00:24 AM
Req ID: 2103550
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.