New Castle, DE
Job Title: Sublimation Chemist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Site/Location: New Castle, DE
Adesis is an extraordinary team looking for extraordinary talent! As a contract research organization, our mission is solving our clients’ complex chemistry problems and accelerating their research and manufacturing goals. Adesis offers promising careers in an inclusive work environment that embraces diversity, innovation, and collaboration.
Responsible for assisting chemists in purifications and isolation of target compounds by performing the following duties as part of the sublimation team.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Document sample submissions using established lab protocols
- Assemble and disassemble sublimation glassware as directed.
- Determine appropriate sublimation conditions and set up sublimation experiments
- Purify compounds using sublimation equipment under the supervision of staff chemist.
- Isolate purified compounds with attention to variances in physical characteristics (color, texture)
- Obtain and archive photographic documentation for each purification
- Carry out any standard preventive maintenance on various types of sublimation apparatus
- Must maintain a very clean work area to avoid cross contamination of samples
- Clean glassware as required
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work area
- Maintain a hardcover or electronic notebook(s) record of each sublimation
- Provide oral and written updates or reports as requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Attend all relevant safety training
- Submits compounds to analytical for purity analysis.
- Follow shipment procedures to (external) clients when applicable
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science in a science related field is preferred.
Prior sublimation experience or knowledge is an asset but is not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and efficiently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to interpret observations made while performing duties outlined above
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Ability to follow verbal instructions from manufacture to trouble shoot instrument issues.
Must be able to read and follow detailed instructions and procedures, and effectively communicate in both verbal and written formats to managers and co-workers.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions
Must have basic Computer Skills (MS Office, E-mail, internet).
Ability to learn/adapt to working with sublimation specific software with training.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including safety glasses, earplugs, steel–toed shoes, gloves, dust mask, lab coat and any other personal protective equipment deemed necessary by safety guidelines.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move fragile glassware up to 4 feet in length. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Our highly competitive employee package offers medical, dental and vision benefits 100% employer paid. Also included are:
- 401K Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Life, Disability and AD&D Insurance
- A generous time-off policy that includes up to twelve weeks of maternity/parental leave
We want you to start with us and retire with us.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years