Chemistry Laboratory Aide (Temporary)
Antech Diagnostics, the largest exclusively commercial veterinary diagnostic laboratory in the nation, is in search of a Chemistry Laboratory Aide working out of our Portland, Oregon Laboratory and reporting directly to the Lab Supervisor. Provided a job offer is made and accepted, we are offering a one-time Signing Bonus of $1,000.00 [minus all applicable taxes].
As part of the VCA Family, which operates the largest network of freestanding, full-service animal hospitals in the nation, Antech Diagnostics delivers state of the art testing and consulting services to practicing veterinarians. Our diagnostic spectrum of tests in the areas of chemistry, pathology, endocrinology, serology, hematology, and microbiology enhance veterinariansâ€™ ability to detect, diagnose, evaluate and prevent disease and other conditions affecting animals.Responsibilities:
Antech Diagnostics is looking for outstanding Laboratory Aides and Assistants for night shift positions throughout our veterinary diagnostic reference lab locations. The ideal candidates will have experience working in either a reference or hospital laboratory, or have strong experience performing lab duties as a Vet Tech.
We are looking for candidates who specialize in one or more of the following areas:
- Chemistry/Endocrinology- Testing blood and body fluids for various analytes, utilizing automated instrumentation.
The Laboratory Aide is responsible for setting up instruments, collection of samples, load samples into instruments and prepare samples for laboratory technicians.
- Sets up lab tests, processes specimens, retrieves and releases test results, and assists in test research
- Manages lab inventory, procures supplies and stocks shelves
- Responsible for general lab maintenance and overall cleanliness of lab and lab equipment
- Supports and maintains various processes, systems and databases
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2, 3 or 4 year degree in Science-related field preferred.
- Laboratory skills, with experience setting up, running and reading lab tests and operating lab instruments a plus
- General science background, including hematology/chemistry helpful.
- Must be reliable â€“ attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Attention to detail.
- Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fair level of computer literacy preferred.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
We are a rapidly growing, stable company with excellent advancement opportunity. Medical, dental and vision benefits, plus 401(k) plan and employee pet health benefits available, too!
If you are passionate about animal healthcare, are motivated by making a difference we want to hear from you!