Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) - Crystal Blockchain
Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands, NH
Crystal seeks a forward-thinking Chief Revenue Officer to lead its global revenue team and expand the reach of the fastest growing blockchain analytics organization.
As a key member of the Crystal’s senior management team, the chief revenue officer (CRO) collaborates across all Crystal departments on strategy and operations. The CRO sets direction for revenue strategy, establishes key performance indicators to measure success and ensures alignment of all Crystal revenue operations globally. The CRO leads, motivates and supports a team of senior revenue leaders and their sales teams in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. The CRO also oversees Crystal’s product portfolio, marketing and sales operations, ensuring that the work of those departments aligns with Crystal’s strategy.
The Chief Revenue Officer must have vision, a deep understanding of blockchain and regtech markets and how they are changing. They must be able to engage and influence both internal stakeholders and external customers and global industry leaders in support of Crystal’s mission to advance the power of transparency and auditability.
Duties and responsibilities:
Revenue and Operations
The successful candidate will have experience in blockchain/regtech and a proven track record of revenue growth, leading creative business development strategies and building out service/solutions businesses at scale and for a specific customer need. Ultimately responsible for revenue growth, the CRO will be held accountable for improving Crystal’s current market position, expanding Crystal’s reach across new market sectors and developing key partnerships. Sustainable growth, globally, is a key indicator of success in this role.
The CRO will develop strategies and matrices for analyzing sales performance and must regularly measure and analyze productivity and effectiveness of sales efforts. This includes setting direction for our product road map and pricing strategies, understanding and creating market positioning and competitive advantages, and determining budget trade-offs with a goal of continually improving and developing sustainable results.
The CRO is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of Crystal revenue globally. This involves managing a substantial revenue and expense budget along with a team that works in various countries across the globe. The CRO will contribute to companywide strategic planning and develop thorough and thoughtful revenue projections for annual budgets, forecasts and multi-year projections. This position requires strong financial acumen, excellent operational skills, and a personal and open leadership style with a commitment to diversity and inclusion that extends from staffing to customer relationships.
Leadership and Management
The CRO must be an innovator and have a proven ability to build and manage both established business lines and new solutions-driven opportunities. They should have proven success in talent acquisition, retention, mentoring, coaching and advancing the careers of staff at all levels.
The CRO will participate in some key contract negotiations. The CRO will also be expected to participate in select industry events and foster excellent relationships with C-level executives of key customers and partners as well as internal company leaders.
The CRO should have a track record of driving innovation and transformation. They must be able to deliver on strategic initiatives, holding multi-disciplinary teams to account, and lead through influence across the entirety of the Crystal.
They will successfully partner and collaborate with Crystal’s product and marketing teams to achieve organizational goals.
The CRO is an energetic and charismatic leader who works collaboratively to inspire a global team to success. Setting and communicating a clear path for revenue growth and building consensus will be essential.
- A minimum 10+ years' experience implementing revenue and sales operations strategies in a business-to-business environment.
- At least five years in an executive-level leadership position with a deep understanding of business operations and direction setting.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue opportunities within the regtech and compliance landscape and ability to identify opportunities in new markets.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- A proven track record of managing customers globally.
- Clear understanding of managing profitable revenue and a proven track record of managing revenue margins.
- Ability to lead with integrity, credibility and character.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships based on trust and credibility.
- Provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment in decision making.
- Excellent leadership and management skills with proven ability to execute and implement change and manage teams across multiple cultures.
- Proven ability to clearly communicate strategy and ambition to multi-disciplinary teams and across cultures.
- Experience attracting, hiring, training, retaining and mentoring high-performing individuals.
- Ability to travel frequently within the EU, US and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Relevant master’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English is mandatory.