Child Abuse Pediatrician
The Department of Pediatrics of the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP) seeks a Child Abuse Pediatrician for a position as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, depending upon experience, to enhance an important clinical program.
- Provide clinical services (inpatient and outpatient).
- Participate in teaching medical students, residents and other health professionals.
- Conduct clinical and/or basic research in the field of Child Abuse Pediatrics.
- Provide court testimony.
- Provide consultations for multidisciplinary team members.
- Participate in local, regional or national child abuse activities.
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician Licensed to practice medicine in current state.
- Hold an MD/DO degree
- Board certified or board eligible in Pediatrics and hold or be eligible for an Illinois physician license.
- Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and appropriate privileges.
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs.
- Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's programs for professional malpractice and other liability coverage.
- Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.
- BC/BE in Child Abuse Pediatrics
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the patients served
Candidates with strong interest and knowledge in child abuse pediatrics are desired. This is a faculty position, and as such requires providing clinical care, teaching medical students and residents, research and scholarly activities. This opportunity provides the medical sophistication of a major referral center, as well as cultural diversity, in a family-oriented community with a reasonable cost of living.
EOE Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled