30+ days ago
New Orleans, LA
Children's Hospital of New Orleans is a leader in Pediatric care throughout the Southeast region. We are seeking a dynamicChild Care Assistant. The mission of making care available to all children has allowed Children's to grow as an organization.
Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit medical center offering the most advanced pediatric care for children from birth to 21 years. With over 40 pediatric specialties and more than 400 physicians, it is the only full-service hospital exclusively for children in Louisiana and the Gulf South. We invite you to experience the magic of Children's Hospital.
Responsible for environment of care in the surgical suites, PACU, SPD and equipment. Responsible for transporting patients, blood, specimens, and other necessary items for surgical services. Takes call as necessary.
Education-High School diploma or equivalent required
Experience-environmental services or Operating Room experience preferred
License-BLS Certification through the American Heart Association required; Surgery Environmental Certification prefferred
-All skills and training will be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to perform prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking, positioning, pushing, and/or transfering patients.
- Lift up to 50 pounds, move heavy equipment, reach, stoop, bend, kneel and crouch with full range of motion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with coworkers and colleagues.
- Excellent English and oral communication skills.
- Reads, writes, hears, and follows instructions.
Preferred:Surgical conscious and awareness
As a member of our team, you will not only experience personal reward, you will also find tangible benefits for you and your family. For more information please go towww.chnola.org.
Children's Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.