Position TItle: Child Care Associate
Reports to: Child Care ManagerSummary:
This employee is responsible for the supervision and care of children/babies in a small childcare setting. Essential Functions
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following duties. Additional essential functions may be identified by the company and listed as such in the incumbent's performance appraisal elements. Various tasks may be assigned under each essential function. Examples of Work
- Arrive at work promptly at scheduled time, wearing proper uniform, ("The Club" t-shirt, black or khaki pants or shorts); Club hat only
- Greet children and parents/members when they arrive;
- Assist children and babies with daily tasks, (assisting with jackets, shoes, snacks or toys which cannot be reached);
- Contact parent/member when a diaper needs to be changed;
- Organize and initiate playtime activities;
- Monitor and control the behavior of the children;
- Organize, store, and sanitize all play equipment daily;
- clean at the end of shift;
- Clean and disinfect bathroom
- Clean windows
- Dispose of trash
- Vacuum carpet
- Disinfect desks, chair swings, cribs, etc.
- Wash linens and pillows daily
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities. Minimum Qualifications
If a candidate believes he/she is qualified for the job although he/she does not have the minimum qualification set forth below, he/she may request special consideration through substitution of related education and experience, demonstrating the ability to perform the essential function of the position. Education and/or Experience:
Not requiredCertificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
Current certification in infant/Child, CPR, First Aid and AEDKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Be enthusiastic and constantly alert;
- Capable of taking, listening, watching, and interacting with various age groups of children for various periods of time;
- Ability to anticipate and prevent potential problems;
- Appropriately handle disruptive children;
- Maintain Patience and energy throughout a shift;
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents/members, children, co-workers and management.
These physical requirements are not exhaustive and additional job-related physical demands may be added to these if the need arises. Corrective devices may be used to meet these physical requirements.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand; reach with hands and arms;and talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently walk. The employee will occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must be capable of lifting and or moving up to 30 pounds. Work Environment:
Shift hours that may be required to work:
- 4 hour shifts that are carried out in a nursery setting
- Monday - Saturday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday - Thursday, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
When the childcare traffic has slowed down, you may be able to leave earlier than your scheduled time. The earliest an employee may leave is as follows:
- Monday - Saturday arriving at 8:00 a.m. may leave at 11:00 a.m.
8:15 a.m. may leave at 11:15 a.m. 8:30 a.m. may leave at 11:45 a.m. *(only if everyone has left)
- Monday - Thursday arriving at 4:00 p.m. may leave at 7:15 p.m
4:30 p.m. may leave at 7:40* p.m. (only if everyone has left) No studying or use of cell phones allowed during your shift. Full attention needs to be given to every child and infant at all times. I understand the duties listed above are intended as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed and the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. This Job Description does not constitute and employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.