Childcare Teacher Step Up to Quality 5-Star Center Full-time Days Parma - (20000A2A)
UH Parma's Child Care Center was recently awarded Five Stars by the state in Step Up To Quality for its exceptional program, exceeding licensing and safety standards for early childhood care and education. Five-Star programs are distinguished by lower staff/child ratios; lead teachers with degrees or related education certificates; intentional and purposeful lesson plans; regular developmental assessments; ongoing staff training and professional development; and parent engagement.
- Implements developmentally appropriate curriculum and daily schedule.
- Helps Lead Teacher complete assessments and developmental screenings.
- Maintains a safe, warm, and nurturing classroom environment.
- Utilizes proper discipline techniques.
- Provides appropriate care during mealtimes and rest times.
- Promotes a cooperative team effort and supportive attitude towards co workers.
- Responsible for completing 10 hours of specialized training every year.
- CPR required. First Aid, Communicable Disease Management, Child Abuse training w/in 6 months of hire
- Must have Career Pathways Level, CPL 3, preferably with either a Child Development Associates, CDA Credential or 9 credits of college coursework in early childhood education or related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers of any age level.
- Knowledge of child development. Organizational and time management skills.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a licensed child care setting.
- Basic computer skills
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Parma
7300 State Rd
7300 State Rd
Job: Administrative Support
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Entry Level
Job Posting: May 10, 2021, 8:33:52 PM