Children's Cooking Instructor (Houston)
Sticky Fingers Cooking
Sticky Fingers Cooking of Houston, TX is looking to hire part-time Chef Instructors to help us cultivate "cool"inary curiosity in kids!
- Are you ready to TURNIP the BEET on what KIDS EAT?
- Are you looking for a fun, part-time jobwhich offers a great paycheck?
- Do you love the magical combination of children and cooking?
- Do you have a love for food and want to lead cooking classes using our kid-tested and approved recipes?
If so, read on and consider joining us in the kitchen!
This position pays a great starting wage of $50.00 per one-hour class + food reimbursement. Choose which days work best for you withan option to work holidays or weekends. School assignments will be as close to your home/work as possible.
Our instructors bring the kitchen to the kids with our mobile cooking kit that contains all the necessary equipment and tools. Sticky Fingers Cooking provides paid hands-on training and individualized support.
- Availability at least 2 days a week (Monday - Friday, between 2-5pm)
- Commitment to teaching full sessions (ranging from 4-12 weeks)
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification (can obtain before teaching)
- Ability to manage and engage a group of 8-14 children with diverse backgrounds and academic levels
- Fingerprinted background check TXDPS (upon hiring)
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to communicate with our team in a timely manner
- Punctual and reliable
- No professional cooking experience required
- Any experience working with kids is a plus!
Let's TACO-bout "a day in the life" of a chef instructor
As a part-time chef instructor, you are the face of Sticky Fingers Cooking, getting to interact with children between the ages of 3-18, parents, and school staff each week. You work on-site at different locations in your area, leading hour-long healthy and entertaining cooking enrichment classes for students.
Each week, you create creative recipes and teach children about new ingredients and healthy foods from all over the world in an engaging and hands-on way. Your organizational skills come into play as you review weekly class curricula and prepare for instruction which includes shopping independently for fresh ingredients. You teach basic kitchen skills including washing, cutting, grating, stirring, measuring, nutrition, and more as well as the history, geography, and language behind each recipe.
Kids learn in a dynamic hands-on environment while you provide the direction and encouragement to create a new recipe each class. Teach kids healthy food habits that will nourish their bodies and minds for a lifetime.
Our chefs are ONE in a MELON! Meet some of them in this video: https://vimeo.com/492139079
ABOUT STICKY FINGERS COOKING
Sticky Fingers Cooking is a home-grown company! Our dedicated, talented and creative team has been busy cultivating 'cool'inary curiosity for thousands of children in schools, camps, online classes, and special events since 2008.
We offer quality enrichment cooking classes before, during, and after school, as well as birthday parties, private cooking classes, and camps for children 3-18 years of age. Sticky Fingers Cooking also operates in select cities across Texas and in Colorado and Illinois!
Our philosophy is that kids are only impacted if we have great instructors who are passionate about what they do. We attract and retain such amazing instructors by offering great pay, a friendly schedule, all the needed equipment and tools, paid training, individualized support, and FUN!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN US IN THE KITCHEN?
If you feel that you would be a GRATE fit, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!