Global Atlantic Financial Group Opportunities
Hartford, Connecticut, United States, CT
The Citrix Systems Architect will partner with various functional areas to provide strategy, problem-solving, technical architecture, and project management for IT systems. This position will be accountable for identifying key business changes and implementing the developing technical solutions as needed. Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Responsible for the technical administration, engineering, and support for Citrix applications and overall environment.
- Deployment and configuration of Citrix infrastructure and ensures stable performance through performance monitoring and tuning.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of major software and hardware upgrades, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to assigned business areas.
- Partner with business and third-party administrators to design and implement technical solutions supporting underlying business processes.
- Participate in testing and verification of technical solutions.
- Provides proper training and support after implementation to ensure proper knowledge transfer to given business units.
- Controls solution by establishing specifications and coordinating implementation with technical teams.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Proficiency in some or all the following infrastructure areas:
- Citrix technologies – Citrix Virtual Apps (XenApp), Citrix Virtual Desktops (XenDesktop), Director, Citrix Cloud, PVS, and NetScaler.
- VMware Virtualization – vSphere and vRealize.
- Profile management – Ivant RES, FSLogix, GPO.
- Experience programming in a scripting language such as PowerShell, VBScript, etc.
- Microsoft technologies - including Active Directory, Windows (desktop and server), DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation platforms.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Citrix administration, minimum of 8 years of experience in IT or strong technical background.
- Experience managing Citrix environments of over 500 concurrent users.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or similar combination or education and experience.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) preferred.
- Understanding of the leading cloud infrastructure platforms such as Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in architecting a recommended technical infrastructure solution.
- Good communication, teamwork, and general consulting skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrix reporting environment.