Are you a new graduate with a major in the health sciences and/or someone who is excited about learning more about cost containment and medical aspects of the Workers’ Compensation field? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with many moving parts? Are you looking to transition from a clinical environment to a more corporate/office environment? If you answered yes to the questions above, please keep reading to learn more about our Injury Coordinator (working title: Workers' Compensation Claims Representative) opportunity!
In this role, you will:
- Manage and/or assign files to appropriate staff member and initiate appropriate verbal and/or written contacts with employers, clients, claimants, and medical providers.
- Set up files in all appropriate systems; assign files, when applicable, to the nurse.
- Maintain responsibility of an individual caseload
- Facilitate and schedule appointments as needed, and keep the Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (TCM), clients, claimants, providers, and employers informed verbally and/or in writing of any changes, delays, updates, or problems.
- Maintain appropriate electronic and paper files.
- Obtain authorization for medical release of information from the adjuster, as necessary, for records acquisition.
- Provide care direction as necessary.
- Interface with a variety of inter-disciplinary providers (e.g., PT, diagnostic, psychology, etc.).
- Identify, maintain, and update participating providers.
- Utilize Triage scoring tool for evaluating case risk, and input all activities (including verbal and written discussions) into the Ultimate database and customer/client system.
- Answer incoming calls, and direct the call appropriately.
- Search and copy the appropriate internal criteria guidelines, when appropriate.
- Work as part of a team to meet turn-around time for the set activity.
- Keep supervisor advised of any problems or delays.
- Continually improve job skills and knowledge of all company products and services as well as customer issues and needs, through ongoing training and self-directed research.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- 1+ year of experience in a healthcare or insurance setting OR a Certificate, Diploma, Associate's Degree, or Bachelor's Degree in a health-related area (examples including but not limited to: kinesiology, healthcare administration, medical assistant, biology, physical therapy assistant, occupational therapy assistant, medical office assistant, nursing assistant, medical office manager)
- Independent thinking & problem-solving abilities
- Strong computer and internet skills (will work with programs including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and internal software programs)
- Basic knowledge of/ability to read medical reports, familiarity with medical terminology
- The ability to research evidence-based guidelines
- Proficient verbal/telephone and written communication skills
- An aptitude for learning, organization skills and the ability to follow systems and procedures
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to express empathy with injured and/or disabled people
- Deductive reasoning and think outside the box for creative solutions
- A relaxed, yet upbeat work environment, with a jeans professional dress code
- Beer, soft drinks, and snacks on Friday afternoons
- Competitive salary, 401k matching, paid time off, and career growth opportunities.
- Vibrant downtown location in River North, close to public transit